SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Small Picnic Gathering

moonwolf_gw
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

So my best friend and former classmate and I were talking not long ago and she said about maybe having a picnic just she and I. Nothing romantic as she has a boyfriend and I like her too much as a friend. Plus, we may have two dear friends join us. Anyways, she and I thought about maybe making some sangria as the beverage. I'm still looking at ideas for recipes on what to make. Most likely, we'll make the food at her home and then find a spot.

Nothing is definite as we still have to figure out a date and menu for our day together and all that fun stuff. She or I have never made sangria, and I've never tasted it. I've been looking at recipes and I found one I like.

Sangria
2 lemons
2 limes
4 oranges
3 apples
1 large container frozen strawberries, thawed
1 bottle burgundy wine
orange juice, as desired
brandy or cognac, as desired

Wash and thinly slice lemons, limes, oranges, and apples into thin slices without removing the peel. Place in a large pitcher. Add strawberries.
Pour the wine into the pitcher, so that it covers the fruit. Cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. After the Later on, stir in orange juice and brandy as desired. Taste and adjust sweetness.

Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (17)