Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ta-daaah! Pizzelle !

Posted by sooz (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 18:24

Thanks for all who helped with suggestions about cleaning my old pizzelle maker--the sharpened chop stick and a wire "toothbrush" did the trick!

I made my second batch today--what they lack in symmetry etc., they make up for in taste, as I used fresh lemon juice and lemon zest in the recipe.

Here they are, "Pizzelle Imperfecta."

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ta-daaah! Pizzelle !

Pizzelles tres marvelliouse...or molto bene ...or gute...
You're making me want to dig out the krumkake iron....same thing....different pattern!! LOL!

o

"---Here they are, "Pizzelle Imperfecta."

The only thing imperfect about those Pizzelles is that they are not by my front door in a gift box. :-)

Beautiful!

dcarch

o

I love that you flavoured your Pizzelle with lemon. That makes them perfect in my book.

~Ann

o

Grazie, Linda, grazie!

Archie, if I had your address, I would send you some now that I know you'd appreciate a surprise surcie!

Ann, I have a bumper crop of lemons but had no "traditional" anise extract or flavoring, so lemon is what I used and they came out yummy!

Thank you all for the kind words!

Smiles,
Sooz

o

Beautiful!

o

I want just one bite. ok, two. Hey, give me that stack!

o

Mmm, lemon! Those look and sound delicious.

Eileen

o

I agree, the lemon sounds delicious. I do like the anise flavor too, but a little goes a long way, I can only eat a couple of the anise flavored ones, but I could eat a whole stack of lemon ones, I'll bet.

They look beautiful.

Annie

o

And what Annie can't polish off, I'll gladly take care of for you! Beautiful and tempting!

o

Wow! They look gorgeous. So light and lemony. I love lemon.

If you've never sent anything to Canada before I would dearly love to be your first guinea pig. I'll let you know how they arrived so that you feel safe in knowing that anything else you want to ship outside of the US would be safe and sound.

I just want to help; you never know; between the US and Canadian Postal services and customs......things may not arrive like they should.....

o

Thanks for all the compliments! I brought some over to our vet's office this morning (they love when I bring surprise food!!!) and the cookies were gone lickety-split!

Jasdip, I have sent items to Canada before, so no luck on being a guinea pig. All I have to say is this: what an interesting postal system you have!

Smiles,
Sooz

o

Awesome Sooz! I love the pics, and I bet the Pizelles taste even better than they look!!!

o

Hey, bizzo! Thanks! I have 4 left, in an airtight Loc-n-Loc container, that I'm *trying* to save for when one of my friends comes over on Thursday for tea.

Smiles,
Sooz

o

You should send them to me so we can see if they travel well ;) Beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here