Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's that time of year again--PEEPS!

Posted by sushipup (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 17:02

Here are the Washington Post 2014 contest winners.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2014 Peeps contest

This post was edited by sushipup on Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 17:02

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's that time of year again--PEEPS!

And the Denver Post contest winners.

Here is a link that might be useful: Denver Post winners

o

And from Seattle

Here is a link that might be useful: more Peeps

o

And Peeps recipes from Baltimore.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peeps recipe contest

o

Love them all, especially the Washington Post contest. Everyone Peeps was hysterical!

o

I love the Peeps contests. The WhooPeep pie sounds like something the grandkids would love too, that's a good idea for leftover Peeps. If there is such a thing, probably not with my mother around, she loves them.

A lot of time and Peeps!

Annie

o

Gotta love a peep.
I do a peep show every year, (with peeps, haha).
I just use the same ones...I have the whole gang from years ago on my studio shelf in a zip-lock. Just a photo crazy for friends and family e-card.

Don't usually eat them but on the top of a yummy, they do fair well with the hit of a torch. Children may scream, then laugh.

o

Thanks for posting the contest winners. Such creativity and imagination!

I live in PeepLand because our valley is the home of Just Born Candies, creator and manufacturer of Peeps. They sponsor a PeepFest during the week between Christmas and New Year's. There is a Peep diorama contest for elementary school classes and the winning projects are on display.

This was a first grade one:

photo Peeps4.jpg

The PeepMobile puts in an appearance.

photo image_zps1ce9ff94.jpg

Outdoor activities include toasting Peeps for Peep S'mores.

photo image_zps8281af7f.jpg

Massive Peep sculptures:

photo Peeps3.jpg

And a giant lighted Peep who descends from the building at midnight during a family-friendly New Year's Eve celebration.

photo Peeps9.jpg

Peeps Joy:

photo image_zpseeaa6c01.jpg

This post was edited by ruthanna on Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 11:37

o

What fun!

I found out not everyone is a Peeps follower. I had a total of 9 job interviews with a company; one of the interviews was a 45 minute multimedia presentation in front of a group of managers and supervisors. It was in the Spring and trying to keep it light, I gave the audience their group bio...they were all employees of Just Born Candies and we were challenged with creating a new Peep color. I saw a blank look on their faces. NOT ONE of them knew what Peeps were!

This post was edited by mustangs on Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 11:40

o

Just Born, fabulous company. I worked with them when I did leadership training. That was actually a great idea Mustangs, they have managed to keep a family owned business going for 87 years. They take what they do very seriously, but still manage to keep their sense of humor. Great business strategy, IMHO. Particularly if you are in the candy business.

o

Oh thanks for the link. What fun. My favorite is Everyone Peeps. LOL.

I didn't buy any Easter candy this year. Feeling a bit guilty. I should have at least bought a box of Peeps.

o

You can still buy Easter candy. Maybe even half-price tomorrow!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here