SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Spanish Tortilla on new dinnerware

Lars
10 years ago

I made a Spanish Tortilla for breakfast this morning because we were out of bread (I forgot to make it last night), but this is a really easy recipe, and I don't know why I do not make it more often. In addition to potatoes and eggs, mine has onion, sweet chilies, jalapenos, extra sharp Cheddar, and Jarlsberg cheese. I use my 1980s Wagner cast iron skillet to make it, and this time I decided to turn the tortilla out onto a board instead of a plate, and this was a better idea. Then when I served it, I could turn it right side up again.

I served it on the new plates that I bought last week-end, which are rectangular and quite large, and so the serving looks small. While I like the look of the plates, they may take getting used to, and they will not fit in the microwave, as they are 15" on the diagonal (9" x 12" rectangular). We haven't used the new bowls or mugs yet either.

I think DB set the tableware backwards (although I personally do not care), and the photo is of his plate. The photos of mine came out blurry - I think I may need a new camera, as the image stabilizer sometimes does not work.

Annie, do you use your cast iron skillet to make Spanish tortillas? Some people use cake pans.

Lars

Comments (12)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company