SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chase_gw

I love to entertain but.......

chase_gw
11 years ago

it is really important to me that I serve a meal my guests will enjoy yet it's also important it be special...not fancy but special.

This weekend we are having three couples for dinner and one of the ladies is very particular with her likes and dislikes. ...very particular.

No tomatoes or tomato sauce, very few veggies, no seafood.limited sauces, no mushrooms, no peppers, no casseroles ( mixed up food) limited spices...... she is truly a lovely person but cooking for her is such a challenge!

I'm a bit unsure of my menu so far but am hoping it is special enough without being too much for her. I do have my other guests to consider and want it to be nioce for everyone.

Appy's before dinner

Antipasto platter .....assorted cheeses , olives, prosciutto etc

Stuffed Mushrooms

Dinner

Starter Shrimp scampi......she can pass on it

Really want to do Roasted Red Pepper Soup but she won't eat it and that would be two passes for her....

Mixed green Salad with a Raspberry vinaigrette

Herb Roasted Loin of Pork
Baked potatoes with a choice of toppings ( maybe twice baked?)
Buttered Peas and pearl onions...I know she likes peas.....onions not sure but she can just pick them out. or should I just do plain buttered peas?

Chocolate Pate with Creme Anglaise (Ann's recipe) ...she loves chocolate so I'm good there.

I'm hoping it's nice enough without being to "over the top" for her....

thoughts?

Comments (43)