Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cookies

Posted by cavell (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 14:14

Made 1/2 batch of choc chip cookies and forgot to 1/2 sugar amount. I didn't think anyone could screw up making cookies. But, I am still eating them. A little crunchy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cookies

Cavell, I often reduce the sugar in sweets recipes. What's not to like about a homemade chocolate chip cookie!

Welcome to the forum!

Edit: I misread! Still what's not to like.

Eileen

This post was edited by barnmom on Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 16:08

o

Screw-up? How about cornstarch instead of baking powder in a cookie recipe. I used an old baking powder tin to store cornstarch in to eliminate the large 1-pound plastic box in the cabinet (that nice little straight edge makes it so much easier to measure a tablespoonful than fishing it out of the box). I had a label on it, but it evidently fell off in the cabinet. Needless to say, I now have that container covered in bright yellow paper with CORNSTARCH written on it in nice bold print.

I judge foods at fairs and you'd be surprised how many times too much sugar is added to a recipe. Cookies are either sticky or hard when that happens.

For my own protection, when doubling or halving a recipe, I make a photo copy of it and change all the ingredients to prevent making this exact mistake. Been there...done that!

-Grainlady

o

It happens to the best of us. : )

One weekend when I was babysitting my neices the older one wanted to bake something. She found a cake mix in the pantry and decided she wanted that. Okay, no problem, lets go for it. Well during the prep there was all kinds of things going on.....little sis woke up from here nap, phones ringing, Boy Scouts at the door, dogs barking to be fed. Anyway, we forgot to put the eggs in!! I thought the batter didn't look right but we moved forward.....We ended up calling them cake bars. LOL I'm sure we will be talking and laughing about this for years.

David

o

Silly. Why even make a 1/2 batch? Only needed to add 1 cup more of flour and 1 egg. Uncle goes to mardi GRAS each yr and brings me pecan pralines. I think thes are close. Sure got flat in oven in a hurry.

o

Oh heck, if a mistake can be made, I've made it, from adding an ingredient twice to forgetting it altogether.

I think we aren't the only ones either, I think I remember lots of "help me save this" threads, LOL.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here