SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

Favorite Youtube cook?

vacuumfreak
10 years ago

I recently found a Youtube cook that I really like. I think the thing I like most about her is that she is a real person... everything in her kitchen didn't come from a restaurant supply store or Williams-Sonoma, she might say uhm every now and then, and one time she even forgot her husband's name and he had to whisper it to her from behind the camera. When I watch real professional people/cooking shows, things seem so perfect that it can be intimating.

One thing that the lady I'm speaking of does that I really appreciate is that if she is going to use a loud machine like a mixer or electric knife, she'll stop the video and use the thing and then come back so we don't have to hear the noise of the appliance roaring in the video. She had some ideas that were unique to me such as putting bacon in chocolate chip cookies or boiling the potatoes for mashed potatoes in milk and butter instead of water. In one video of a pineapple upside down cake, she said that she pushes the batter out to the edge of the pan and makes it concave in the center because it will rise in the center. I've never even thought to do that! She even reminded me of something that I want to buy that I'd completely forgotten about. I've wanted one of those cylinder shaped adjustable measuring cups for years, but I always forget they exist until I see someone using one as she did in a few of her videos. I can't say I'll try every one of her recipes, but I'm really enjoying her videos. Her accent is delightful as well.

Last night, using the pans I recently acquired from Cathy, I tried a recipe I learned from one of her videos and really enjoyed it. I'll link to it below so you can see what she's all about.

So, do you have a favorite Youtube cook that you've enjoyed watching or even learned from?

Here is a link that might be useful: Meatball recipe from Betty's Kitchen

Comments (27)