SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

Food timing

elba1
12 years ago

HI folks, the next event I need to plan for is my daughter's confirmation towards the end of next month. I'm guessing we will have around 30 people - hoping for good weather! She has requested spiral ham, mac & cheese, and caesar salad. I will have rolls, and I'm thinking green beans as well. Typically when I am having guests over, I am home preparing all morning. However, they have a special breakfast for the confirmands & immediate family members before church, then the service, then we will be basically walking in the door with our hungry guests. I can have a couple appetizers that don't need to be heated that I can put out right away, but I would like to serve the main course within an hour. Was wondering how to do that - should I make the mac & cheese on the stove top early that morning and let it sit out with the spiral ham from the fridge so they would be room temp when we get home and put them in the oven then? We will be gone about 21/2 -3 hours, which is breaking the "don't let food sit out for more than 2 hours" rule, but if I made the mac & cheese the day before & left that & the ham in the fridg, I think it would take too long to heat them when we get home? Does the menu sound sufficient (none of our relatives are vegetarians)? Would you figure 5 pounds of pasta? Thanks!

Comments (15)