Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Uncured Spiral Cut Ham from Trader Joe's

Posted by teresa_mn (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 9:05

I was in TJ's last weekend and they were sampling their uncured spiral cut ham. One of their selling points for this product was that it was nitrate free. I tried a sample and it was delicious! Not salty at all. I ended up buying a small one to cook this weekend.

Has anyone purchased TJ's ham before? The woman told me they only have them at Easter time. Once their gone they won't have them again till next year.

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Uncured Spiral Cut Ham from Trader Joe's

It is not easy the find ham without nitrate here.

Trader Joe's is five minutes away from me. Got to run over and get a few.

Thanks for the great tip.

dcarch

o

You are making me hungry! (...and TJ's is close by)

o

I did not buy this ham for Easter. I actually bought it for my renter guy. He has been helping with spring clean up in the yard. I think I will cook it tomorrow in my 6 qt. Nesco roaster. That way, if I really like it I can pick up a couple to freeze.

Teresa

o

I cooked the ham yesterday and it was fabulous. I went back to TJ's this morning thinking I would get another ham to freeze. They were out!

I did find out that they have the nitrate free ham at Christmas as well as Easter.

o

You made me do it; I have a small one in the fridge. Thanks!

o
Louisville TJ still has uncured hams

We went to the TJ's in Louisville yesterday. They still have a full display case of the uncured hams. Since I now know they don't always stock them, we bought two to freeze.
You might want to call your local TJ to see if they still have them.

They really are delicious.
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here