Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Things You Eat Frozen

Posted by plllog (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 2:26

The enhanced warm tomato consomme went over very well. But then there's the frozen enhanced tomato consomme, which is even more delicious!

What have you been freezing?

tomato consomme frozen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Things You Eat Frozen

That looks really good!
Ya got me thinking...
I have a half dozen gazpacho style salsas in the freezer from last fall i just found. One has passion fruit, another has rhubarb, one labeled tomatillo/cilantro. All have garden tomatoes. Half thawed they might make a nice slushie appetizer by running in the power blender.

o

Snickers

o

Oooh! I'm a sucker for passion fruit! The flavor bomb slushies sound great.

And I remember frozen Snickers. :)

o

Girl Scout Thin Mints (chocolate mint cookies).

o

seedless grapes

o

Grapes! I add frozen grapes to salsa. Especially when the market has the big seedless black skinned ones. Adds a nice fresh sweetness to bland tomatoes.
Loving the frozen whole meyer lemons i grate on everything recently.

o

Since I can see I'm not alone on the candy bar front, Hershey milk chocolate bars.

o

Just saw this and thought of you pllog:

o

Cool whip. Nasty when thawed but great when frozen.

o

That's hilarious, spoon veg. I can see it now...the entrance to Central Park by the Plaza Hotel, a popsicle cart, just before the bridge over the Pond, next to the vegan dogs,...quinoa and kale chip rolled in pepitas and toasted garlic chips, or heirloom tomato virgin mary dipped in 90% dark, with hemp and cacao nib sprinkles. Optional chia and hand flaked flax extras.

o

Thanks, for thinking of me, Writersblock! Those are fantastic! Japanese? Do you know if they're sorbets or something else? I've got to make carrot gelato. I seem to have an overabundance of carrots...

Sleevendog, your reply has me rolling! Hemp and cocoa nib. :D I don't know New York, but that certainly fits here. :) Reminds me of my favorite "candy" (seriously): Country House Black Sesame Snacks which are seriously yummy even though they sound like your joke. :)

o

Oh, sorry, I thought I had included a link. New ice cream flavors for Japan, but lower fat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegetable ice cream

o

Very cool. :) Thanks for the link! I notice that each has a tart fruit with it, and a sweet "vegetable" (tomatoes are seed pods, but who cares). I think that full on buttercream would be nasty with those flavors. My first instinct was a leaner gelato, so I'm glad Hagen Daas has already done the research for me. ;) You have emboldened me!

o

When I was a kid, we had a peach tree in backyard. One summer it lost its mind and produced the BIGGEST, sweetest, juciest fruit ever. We made pies & crisps, but just peeled (quick dip in boiling water like tomatoes) & put in containers to freeze. I always thought they were the BEST when not quite thawed and still a bit icy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here