Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thumbprint Scones

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 1:07

I used my regular scone recipe, but instead of mixing fruit into the dough, I made a little thumbprint in the centre and filled the indent with locally made Saskatoon preserves.

Drizzled with a vanilla glaze.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thumbprint Scones

Those look absolutely delicious! I just may have to make scones for breakfast.

o

Those look so delicious! I love preserves on everything!

o

Ann, those are lovely. I noticed the pretty scalloped edges on the bottom. Did you bake them in a mold or use a scalloped cutter? I can't eat scones anymore because they stick in my throat and Don prefers sweets heavy with nuts/seeds/dried fruit, etc. but I still make scones for the fireman down the street. Gives me an outlet for the baking I love to do.

/tricia

o

Those are beautiful, Ann. Do you add the preserves before or after baking?

o

Thanks Westelle and livvyandbella.

Thanks Tricia, yes, I used a scalloped cutter. My set of biscuit cutters have a scalloped edge and a regular edge.

Ruthanna, I added the preserves before baking. Just made an indent with my thumb and filled with a little of the jam.

~Ann

o

I finally made some scones not long ago. I had never been tempted because every scone I ever had was closer to sawdust than anything else. I finally made my own. What a difference! Mine weren't nearly so pretty and there isn't a Saskatoon to be had anywhere close to me. ;)

Eileen

o

Ann, those look so good that I nearly licked my computer screen... I'd expect nothing less from you though :o)

o

Oh my. I knew better than to open an Ann T baking thread.

Those look delicious, I'd love one for breakfast. Not a Saskatoon in sight here either, but I have homemade blueberry jam that would work in a pinch, I think.

Annie

o

Very cute! I went on a bite-sized craze a couple of years ago. I don't have a scalloped cutter; now I see I need to get one!

...I don't know what a Saskatoon is, nor have I ever heard of it.

o

Ann_t, those look better than anything they sell in the bakeries around my area.

dcarch

o

I just happened to use Saskatoon Berry preserves, but any of your favourite jams will work.

A Saskatoon Berry is similar to a blueberry both in looks and flavour.

Deb, these were a little bigger than one bite size. About the size of a 2 1/2 inch biscuit.

~Ann

o

Hmmm...I might rather like Saskatoon berry if it's similar to the blueberry. Thanks Ann!

o

Beautiful! I love scones and these look perfect.

Tracey

o

Ohhhh, I can taste them in my mind!!!!! You've inspired me to make scones!

Thanks for sharing! Awesome!
Smiles,
Sooz

o

They look wonderful Ann. I haven't had scones in years. I bake tea biscuits; but your scones look fantastic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here