Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stuffed

Posted by dcarch (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 0:10

Cabbage was on sale on St. Pat�s Day for $0.25 a lb. I got a few. Now I have to use them up before they dry out.

Stuffed cabbage is an easy and delicious recipe.

I played with stuffing the cabbage so it looked like the whole head of cabbage was still closed never was openned.

dcarch

Openning up the leaves
Photobucket

Stuffed and cooked
Photobucket

Photobucket

Plated
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stuffed

Dcarch, do you have a blog? Or a book out? I could look at your creations all day.

o

Wow that sure takes stuffed cabbage to a new level. Very nicely done!

It's around 2am and you inspired me to go outside and eat forsythia. Doesn't taste much, but it was pretty on your plate. I always love when they're is in full bloom and they're certainly abundant right now around here. Just wish they weren't so brush-like the the rest of the year.

o

That's lovely!

o

Wow! I can't imagine the time and incredible effort you took to do this Dcarch! Did you sous verde the cabbage to make it easier to work with?

o

You have out done yourself,
Again ! ! !
Absolutely amazing! ! !
And I really love that it is stuffed cabbage,
NOT drenched in some type of tomato sauce!

Looks So-o-o-o-oo--oo-oooo good!
I'm drooling. . . . .

Rusty

o

Thank you everyone, you are very kind to put up with my silly food play.

Jenny, I don't have a blog or a WEB site. May be I should at some point. I get a few e. mails often asking questions, and it takes time to keep on repeating the same thing.

FOAS, you are right about forsythia does not have a strong taste, but it has interesting medicinal uses. However, if the medicinal effect doesn't go away in four hours, see a doctor right away. LOL!

Jasdip, actually, it doesn't take much time to do this. The leaves are cooked slightly and it gets easy to do things with.

Rusty, I feel the same way. I don't put tomato sauce on stuffed cabbage or ketchup on meatloaf.

dcarch

o

As I recall, Martha Stewart did a whole stuffed cabbage several decades ago - yours is reminiscent.

I prefer mine with a reddish sauce - paprika and a bit of tomato are the way my dear old Mom used to make it, but thanks for the reminder. It has been way too long!

Alexa

o

dcarch, I made a forsythia salad last night. I ate it all; my wife was stuffed.

o

Yum! I love stuffed cabbage and your presentation is unbelievable.
Clare

o

I don't comment often on your posts, dcarch, because I end up posting something shallow, something which amounts to little more than "Wow"! Which is appropriate but gets repetitious and leaves me wishing I could explain why I have that reaction to your work.

You refer to your works as "silly food play" and, indeed, they are playful (though not silly). Good art can be viewed as play at a high level.

I am always surprised by the originality of your work. Originality is a valuable quality in art and is not often attained. But originality alone is not enough to qualify a creation as art. Art must have intrinsic aesthetic qualities and yours does. It would take many screensful of text to explain, so I won't attempt to analyze the ways it does. But it does.

One piece of advice I can offer, which you yourself have often expressed is "keep on having fun".

Jim

o

looks fabulous! You must have the patience of Job.

o

I don't comment often on your posts, dcarch, because I end up posting something shallow, something which amounts to little more than "Wow"! Which is appropriate but gets repetitious and leaves me wishing I could explain why I have that reaction to your work.

You refer to your works as "silly food play" and, indeed, they are playful (though not silly). Good art can be viewed as play at a high level.

I am always surprised by the originality of your work. Originality is a valuable quality in art and is not often attained. But originality alone is not enough to qualify a creation as art. Art must have intrinsic aesthetic qualities and yours does. It would take many screensful of text to explain, so I won't attempt to analyze the ways it does. But it does.

One piece of advice I can offer, which you yourself have often expressed is "keep on having fun".

Jim

o

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone.

FOAS, "---my wife was stuffed"

LOL, I hope she did not look like my stuffed cabbage.

Jim, thank you for your generous remarks. I don't think I deserve them.

What I do with food does not take a lot of skills, unlike food carving and food decorating.
What I do with food does not add cost to food.
And what I do with food, after a little while, becomes automatic and does not take a lot of time.

I am happy that I can add so much more to the gustatory enjoyment without much investment. I am here to share that happiness with everyone.

dcarch

o

"I am here to share that happiness with everyone."

And I, for one,
And many of the others, too,
Continue to appreciate.
And look forward to,
Your imaginative creations.

Rusty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here