SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ella_2012

delicious Chicken stew

Ella_2012
10 years ago

Hello chefs of GardenWeb! I am from hosta-forum, and have to admit that I am a better gardener than a cook, but I would like to share this recipe with you.
I have a friend from the Caucasus, Georgia - Georgia is known for delicious cuisine, and she shared with me a recipe for Chicken stew, extremely tasty and easy to prepare.
I don�t have my own photo, I borrowed one off the Internet. But I cooked it, its grest!

Chakhokhbili
Ingredients:
boneless and skinless chicken breast ~ 2.5 -3.0 pounds
Onions - 2-4,
Sweet red or yellow pepper - 2
Tomatoes - 4-5 (~ 1 pound)
White or red dry wine - 1 cup,
Butter for frying - 1 oz (can be replaced with veg. oil of your preference),
Salt to your preference,
Optional ingredients
Garlic - 2-4 cloves,
Fresh coriander, basil or parsley, chopped

Red hot chili pepper - 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ~
1 bay leaf
Tiny pinch of
Spanish saffron
Dried or fresh mint

Preparation

Wash Chicken breasts, and dry them with paper towels . Cut each breast into 4 pieces.
Peel and chop onions.
Wash peppers , cut in half , remove the seeds and partitions . Chop.
Remove skin from tomatoes and dice them.
Peel and chop Garlic.
Wash herbs, dry and chop.

Once your ingredients are prepared you can start cooking Chakhokhbili .

Heat deep skillet over medium-high heat, add half of the butter (or oil) and fry pieces of chicken, turning frequently, until cooked. Remove skillet with chicken from heat.
Melt the rest of the butter on a separate skillet.
Add a little salt and fry chopped onions until soft or slightly golden. Transfer onions to the skillet with chicken.
Then, fry chopped peppers in the same skillet and also add to chicken along with butter in which they were roasted for extra flavor. Put this skillet aside, you don�t need it any more.
Add tomatoes to skillet with chicken and heat it over medium heat seting. Pour white or dry red wine, increase the heat a bit, and cook for ~ 4-5 minutes or until the alcohol evaporates.
Reduce heat to low setting, cover the skillet with a lid and cook for additional 15-20 minutes.
After that add optional ingredients � if you wish and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat setting.

Chakhokhbili is ready. Remove skillet from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

Thank you for reading

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!