Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which toaster oven

Posted by westelle (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 23:10

Now that I mostly cook for one I'm finding that I frequently don't bake something I want just because I don't want to heat up the big oven for ... say... two cookies or a small meal.

Therefore, I'm thinking about getting a large Toaster Oven. Do any of you have one that you would recommend.. or say to stay away from?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which toaster oven

Yes, the Breville Smart Oven. There's a thread ongoing a few pages back. I bought one last month and love it!

o

Whatever you get, I love mine with convection and rotisserie.

dcarch

o

The large Breville has convection. No rotisserie. I like mine and use it frequently. It has replaced the toaster, and does a fine job of light duty broiling, baking scones, pizzas, biscuits.
With the Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupon it is a good deal. Not all BBB's will let you use the coupon on Breville. Mine did, and many others have bought theirs there also.

o

I can roast a medium size chicken with the rotisserie.

But the very best part is I made a coffee bean thing using two cheap strainers to roast green coffee beans using the rotisserie. I can roast one lb at a time. Nothing like roasting your own coffee beans. :-)

dcarch

photo coffeeroaster_zps13cf71eb.jpg

o

I'm a a bit jealous of dcarch's coffee bean set-up, but I love my Breville Smart Oven. It's my toaster and acts as my second oven when I need the flexibility. Anything small goes in there, whether the big oven is being used or not. I've even used it to bake bread, just tent foil over the top to prevent the crust from getting too brown.

We are a family of 5, and use it all the time.

o

Dcarch
The coffee bean set up is brilliant. You think so darn far outside the box I bet you can't even SEE the box!!

o

I love my Breville Smart Oven. I hardly use my regular oven anymore unless I need something larger. I bought through Hammacher Schlemmer. It might be slightly more expensive than using coupons, etc but it has a lifetime, no questions asked guarantee which I like.

"The Best Toaster Oven comes with The Hammacher Schlemmer Lifetime Guarantee at no additional charge. If this product ever disappoints you, for any reason, you may return your Hammacher Schlemmer purchase for exchange, credit, or refund."

o

Another vote for the Breville. I also have the larger one and use it frequently for smaller items.

It toasts well too!

o

I will agree with all the Breville Smart Oven comments. My first experience with convection and I am sold on that. It will accomodate a 10" pie and bake it to perfection. Abit pricey in the beginning, but worth every cent. I use it first.....'stove oven wonders what it did
wrong not to get used anymore'.

Shirl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here