SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

My Birthday Cake :-)

moonwolf_gw
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a picture of my Dairy Queen ice cream birthday cake, which, will be eaten tomorrow lol. We were all too full from supper to eat any dessert. It was a fun day today. The best part was seeing Oz The Great And Powerful. :-). As of almost two hours ago, I am officially 23 years old.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (39)

• pkramer60
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday! The cake looks wonderfully decadent and fitting for a 23rd birthday.

• annie1992
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday, Brad, I hope it was perfect, it sounds like a wonderful way to spend a birthday.

The cake will be delicious tomorrow, I'm a big proponent of cake for breakfast.

Annie

• Related Discussions

Pictures

Q

Comments (4)
    Good luck with that mixed basket Brad. And hope you had a great Birthday week. I actually moved some of my cold growing hoyas outside for me the summer barring no freak weather. Actually just Polyneura and some of my Carnosa. I am considering moving my Linearis out for the spring/summer at this me too. I may wait for Tuesday evening to pass since the temps will dip that night into the upper 30's but will be back up to the 60's in the day. I would suspect these Hoyas see temps in the 30's at times in habitat. I will be sure to keep them dry in the meantime. Your cake looked great by the way. -David
    ...See More

Another Plant Followed Me Home :)

Q

Comments (2)
    Thanks, GG! It's not an EA actually. They do look good together and I love how the vines are twining up the hanger! I forgot to take the picture again!!! Argh!!! Brad AKA Moonwolf
    ...See More

Would you like a piece of my birthday cake?

Q

Comments (5)
    My daughter didn't make the cake she ordered it delivered from 1-800-flowers. I felt so stupid when they delivered it because I thought it was a real cake. I was all ready to have a piece of cake!The delivery woman took it out of the box and it was in a cake box. How was I to know? We both laughed at my eagerness.
    ...See More

By request 3 pics

Q

Comments (9)
    Oh Thank You for posting these picture's! They are so amazing! Margaret has come along way since those first classes at Michael's! It's great you are keeping us updated on her success. LOL... It's wonder that you and Joel didn't gain 50 pounds when she started baking all her practice cakes! I can't wait to see the Wedding cake. Janice
    ...See More
  • Rusty
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday, Brad!
    And many many more to come!

The cake looks scrumptious!

Rusty

• ann_t
    11 years ago

Happy 23rd Birthday Brad. Thanks for sharing your cake with us. Enjoy!!

~Ann

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, everyone! The cake's so pretty, I'm almost afraid to eat it LOL!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• jimster
    11 years ago

Nice! Happy birthday, Brad!

Jim

• westsider40
    11 years ago

A very happy Birthday, Brad. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the cake. We love Dairy Queen cakes at my house, too.

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    11 years ago

What a beautiful cake!

Save the candles for your 32nd birthday. LOL!

dcarch

• pat_t
    11 years ago

I agree with Annie, birthday cake for breakfast can be a very good thing! :)

Happy 23rd and many more, Brad!

• mustangs81
    11 years ago

Hurry up and eat it before I do!!

I'm glad you had a great birthday. Being a long time OZ fan, I have been thinking about seeing this movie.

• momj47
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday. Enjoy. I love DQ ice cream.

23.............sigh...........LOL

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Happy birthday!

That is one beautiful cake. I love the blue. It's so ethereal. Just the right touches.

• 2ajsmama
    11 years ago

I've got shoes older than you! Happy Birthday!

• janet_ks
    11 years ago

Oh, how I would love to be 23 again!! Happy Birthday!!

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday Brad!

Teresa

• compumom
    11 years ago

Sending you happy birthday wishes! The cake looks delicious, I hope you continue to enjoy!
    Ellen

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, again, everyone!

No cake eating yet, as I just got awake a little while ago (a very short time ago, I was very tired apparently lol). Mom asked me what colors I wanted, and I love the blue as well :-). Yes, I'm 23, single (dating isn't possible for me right now, but, that's a long, unnecessary story right now), and just trying to find my way into this world somehow. I thank you again all for the warm birthday wishes. :-)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• ruthanna_gw
    11 years ago

Nice cake, Brad. I hope you enjoy it and being 23!

• Lars
    11 years ago

Sorry to be late to the party (typical of me), but I hope you had the most wonderful birthday, and your cake is absolutely beautiful. I also like blue on cakes, but a lot of people do not - they think that blue is not an appropriate color for food, but many edible flowers are blue.

I wish you all the best in the coming year.

Lars

• Solsthumper
    11 years ago

Ice cream and cake - two of my favorite things.

Today, it is perfectly okay to exceed the maximum dose of sugary confections. Happy 23rd!

Sol

• centralcacyclist
    11 years ago

Yum, ice cream cake! It looks delicious. Indulge and enjoy! Happiest of birthdays to you!

Eileen

• bcskye
    11 years ago

I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Brad, but wanted to make sure to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday! Your cake is beautiful and will taste luscious. My friend got me a DQ cake for my birthday in January and it was fantastic. Ah, to be 23 again... Enjoy every minute of it.

• Gina_W
    11 years ago

A late Happy Birthday to you Brad!

After 23, my whole life changed completely - multiple times! - so there is plenty of time and opportunity to find your place in the world, trust me!

• TobyT
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday Brad! Blue is my favourite colour - I think your cake is lovely. Even though I love to bake, my husband always wants a DQ ice cream cake for his birthday. My situation changed drastically after I was 25 - so there are endless possibilities in store for you!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes and kind words, everyone! Glad that you all enjoy how my cake looks :-).

I know I am young and I have many years ahead, but going out on my own isn't an option and I'm still finding out who I am and all the "fun" that comes with it. That's all the farther into detail I'll go into. But now's not a time to be down about things, I'm looking forward to spending a fun-filled day Saturday doing birthday related activities with dad, including supper at Red Lobster :D. We'll also be going to a preseason local minor league baseball game (they're playing the Pirates), and shopping at several stores like Lowe's, HD, some places in the mall, and Barnes and Noble lol.

Your kind words mean a lot to me. They are greatly appreciated! Thank you all again!!!!!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• sally2_gw
    11 years ago

A very belated happy birthday, Brad! That's a very nice cake. Lets see, 2 days after my 23rd birthday, I gave birth to my first child. Yes, my life changed big time!

I wish you all the best in the coming year.

Sally

• annie1992
    11 years ago

Heck, I'm not even close to the same person I was when I was 23, I've changed two or three times since then!

My son in law, David, loves the Dairy Queen cakes. I don't eat much ice cream but Dairy Queen plain vanilla is one of my favorites, so I'd still have it for breakfast.

You definitely have a place in this world, Brad, and you'll find it.

Annie

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    11 years ago

"----I know I am young and I have many years ahead, -----I'm still finding out who I am and all the "fun" that comes with it. ---"

We all have gone thru that. It doesn't matter if you are young or old. And often we still have that feeling.

You are doing good. Now go outside and look up, there is a beautiful full moon in the sky just for your birthday, Moonwolf.

dcarch

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sally, wow! That is a life-changing experience indeed! :-)

Annie, funny thing, when mom cut herself a slice of cake tonight (I still haven't eaten a piece lol), the cake is mostly vanilla ice cream, which is strange because they usually have a healthy dose of the chocolate ice cream as well. Looks like I'll really be enjoying this cake lol. Once I do find my hope in this world, I'll know it. At least, that's what I've heard and come to believe.

Dcarch, I would love to go look at the full moon, but I went to look at the moon out the window and there are clouds in the sky :-(, which is a shame because I love the moon so much. But anyways, I'm gonna go on as long as I can :-). Finding happiness wherever it may show itself.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• tami_ohio
    11 years ago

A belated, but heartfelt wish for a Happy Birthday! You WILL find that place one of these days, and yes, probably more than once. In the mean time, enjoy every minute of getting there!

• dedtired
    11 years ago

Another belated birthday wish here.

23 -- sigh. Boy, do I wish I knew then what I know now, but I guess none of does.

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Tami and dedtired!

The theatre's been a kind of an escape for me, allowing me to be myself. Not that I do any acting, but I've been giving it some thought, after some people have asked me if I'd ever consider it. I just wish we could do more musicals. Speaking of which, here's perhaps my favorite movie musical (next to Little Shop Of Horrors). I got these movies both as belated Christmas presents, and I hope to find the soundtrack to this particular film someday. I even named my garden after it lol.

I will let you all know how tomorrow goes. I can't wait until I can sink my teeth into some snow crab legs, fried shrimp, and Caesar salad at Red Lobster tomorrow lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Here is a link that might be useful: Trailer

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Tami and dedtired!

The theatre's been a kind of an escape for me, allowing me to be myself. Not that I do any acting, but I've been giving it some thought, after some people have asked me if I'd ever consider it. I just wish we could do more musicals. Speaking of which, here's perhaps my favorite movie musical (next to Little Shop Of Horrors). I got these movies both as belated Christmas presents, and I hope to find the soundtrack to this particular film someday. I even named my garden after it lol.

I will let you all know how tomorrow goes. I can't wait until I can sink my teeth into some snow crab legs, fried shrimp, and Caesar salad at Red Lobster tomorrow lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Here is a link that might be useful: Trailer

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    11 years ago

Brad, I've only been checking here occasionally, life's been a little too busy. I see you posting on WS once in a while and I'm glad you're still at it and trying new things...

Please let me wish you a Happy belated Birthday, I'm sorry I missed the actual day. Enjoy your trip to Red Lobster! We don't have one here but I took my mother to a Red Lobster in her city on Mothers Day last year :) and I'd go again...

I hope this is a wonderful year for you. Sigh, to be 23 again :)

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, morz8! No apologies necessary! Hmm, sounds like another trip to Red Lobster with your mother for Mother's Day is in order! Lol. I hope this year is a wonderful one as well. So far, my birthday is the most exciting thing that's happened. I just can't wait to go see the first play of the season next month! The play is "Sylvia", about a man who brings home a dog (Sylvia), much to the disapproval of his wife. It sounds wonderful :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• artsyshell
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday! Great looking cake!

• nancylouise5me
    11 years ago

Belated Happy Birthday Wishes Brad! We love ice cream cakes at our house. They are so good during the summer. Hope your day was a great one and you continue the celebration this weekend. We went to see the OZ movie a few days ago. We liked it very much. I just think they could have cast the part of the Wizard better. Was disappointed in his acting. But that is all I'm going to say about it. You go and enjoy it. We had a lot of fun going. Happy Birthday, NancyLouise

• cynic
    11 years ago

Haven't been around too much lately but glad I poked my nose in and saw the post. Bringing up the rear as per the norm with my best to you on your 23rd there Wolfie. Howl at the moon whenever you can. (So what if people look at you strangely!) Sounds like you had a great day and the week's been pretty good to you too.

Be careful you don't get too caught up looking for someplace that you might have found you're in already! Here's hoping the best of health and all the happiness you can tolerate. Happy Birthday.... punk! ;)

You surprised me. I was expecting to see a picture of the Pink Lady Cake! Been cooking anything special lately? How's it going with the new pans?

And yeah, I have a LOT of things older than you! But I won't go into details!

I haven't been to Red Lobster in a long time. Geez, I'd almost bet I haven't been there since before you were born! LOL It's been quite a while. Have to make a trip over there sometime soon. And BTW, Little Shop of Horrors is a favorite of mine.

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, ssommerville, NancyLouise and cynic!

NancyLouise, the movie was very fun and I can't for it to be released on DVD. The trailer for the movie I posted, isn't the best acted or highly recommended film of all time, but I love the music and it never fails to entertain me :-). My favorite characters from the new Oz movie were The Wicked Witches, especially Theodora (Wicked Witch Of The West).

Cynic, I bought the Director's Cut of Little Shop Of Horrors a month or so ago and I love how true to the musical it is. Our day yesterday was a lot of fun and the food at Red Lobster was fantastic as always :-). Dad and I didn't have room for dessert, but we enjoyed it very much. I haven't been cooking anything special lately or used my new skillets yet, but, I was texting my one best friend and former high school classmate yesterday and she and I made plans for a picnic sometime soon. We have to work out the details (like what food we want to make, if we just want it for us or to bring a few friends along), but we know we want to make some sangria at least lol. I think she'll like the idea of inviting a few people along, but, like I said, she and I have to work on it.

Thank you again, everyone, and Happy Easter.

Brad AKA Moonwolf