SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sands99

Plan Q - a new microwave should be a breeze right?

sands99
16 years ago

Now that we've exhausted Plan A B CDEFGH...

As some of you may know my microwave died a few weeks ago. [weeks? really? no wonder I'm on an Excedrin patch]. In our infinite wisdom DH and I decided to make the move from white to stainless appliances [because I just don't have enough fingerprints on the tv to swab away with my new windex wipes].

SO I figure okay I'll get a convection micro and ditch mr toaster oven more counter space for me to spread out the blueprints and plot my subterrainean revenge on Perdue for inventing chicken nuggets in the first place. I pick out a beaut - a GE, 3 shelves, wattage rivaling Tivoli Gardens in high season and while I'm at it an LG Range Roveresque stove so I can run down and roast Implala while I convect and curse Frank Perdue. And work on my third tier alliteration.

I wait 12 days for this haute de cuisiheating and what happens? DH vetos the range because we would have to el destructo the tile left of the stove [dividing wall]. Then the convection micro arrives - guess what? can't get it in without destroying the tile AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH Charlie Brown. So we aquiesce and remove the left wall tile, mount the micro/conv and WE CAN'T OPEN IT because the left hinge is NOT a zero clearance hinge - observe as two electrical engineers heads explode into a billion pieces of confetti -30 inch microwave occupies 30.75 inches. Foul! Medic! Chocolate! Cwap.

That was Plan A. Insert 25 cents for plan B....

Comments (18)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm