SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

What kind of ham glaze with this wine?

2ajsmama
11 years ago

My mom brought the wine and rolls she bought for tomorrow over tonight. A medium dry Riesling, tastes "of honeysuckle, lime and citrus". I don't think a brown sugar balsamic glaze will go well with that. What about pineapple? It's non-smoked ham (so I expect it will be very salty). It's boneless and spiral cut so I wonder if a glaze is necessary to keep it from drying out?

This wine supposedly pairs well with spicy food, I'd love to do an apricot-pepper jelly glaze (I've used it on pork loin before) but my parents don't do spicy. They eat their ham with horseradish if that helps. Oh, and my mom said any kind of glaze is OK with her since she cuts off the outside edge - but with the spiral cut I was worried some glaze might drip inside. I do have skewers and twine, and I might have a turkey bag (I know I have slow-cookers liners, those should work since I don't think this ham has to be heated on High, 250 should be fine).

Also planning on mashed potatoes, green beans with sauteed mushrooms (can skip the garlic), and honey-butter glazed baby carrots - but maybe I should skip the honey?

This post was edited by ajsmama on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 20:08

Comments (3)