SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greekshambo

A food safety question

shambo
10 years ago

I just received a shipment from Healthy Heart Market -- It's an online source for many low sodium products that I cannot find in local grocery stores.

I ordered two jars of Dijon mustard. I order it from Healthy Heart because the mustard does not contain alcohol and is extremely low in sodium.

The jars have plastic screw-on lids and are sealed with a plastic outer band. The lids must have come a bit loose during handling or shipping and some liquid escaped and stained the paper wrapping material.

Vinegar is the first ingredient, so my initial reaction is that the mustard jars are OK but should be refrigerated rather than stored in the pantry.

What do you think? I can always return them. Healthy Heart Market has great customer service.

Another question about this particular shipment. I ordered 4 cans of low sodium black olives. Nothing is wrong with the cans, but three of them were quite cold and had some condensation on them. I received the order last evening but didn't get around to opening it until this afternoon. The shipment came from Minnesota. None of the other items were either cold or exhibited condensation. Could the cans have gotten chilled in transit? Or is this another possible problem?

Thanks!

This post was edited by shambo on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 19:59

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths