Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great find on copper pots and pans

Posted by jojoco (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 12 at 16:56

I love copper cookware. To me it is the perfect marriage of form=function. But the price has always put it out of my reach.

There was a Craigslist ad in my neck of the woods yesterday for vintage copper pots. Seven in all with lids. Asking price was $225. I emailed the owner telling her I was very interested, and then I emailed LindaC to get her opinion. Her words, and I quote, 'RUN!!!'
And so I did. I don't know much about copper pots, and there is no identifying marks that I could find anywhere, but they are, in my opinion, blissfully beautiful. I also know that on the big pot, a pale copper hue is almost evident so I know re-tinning is in my future. And so are large biceps.

I can live with both.

Jo

I apologize but it has been so long since I have posted a picture that I forgot how to place it in the post. The link is to Photobucket.

Here is a link that might be useful: a new addiction, I'm afraid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great find on copper pots and pans

Jo, those are just beautiful, and that is a GREAT find. Enjoy them.

Annie

o

Nice! I have a large copper collection and would say you scored!

o

OMG - those are BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on the GREAT score!

Alexa

o

WOW! You did good Jo.
Linda gives good advice.

o

What a find Jo! They are beautiful pans. Congrats on a great deal. NancyLouise

o

Wow, gorgeous, and a great find!

o

You should buy a lottery ticket too. Use that karma while it's hot.

To keep it shiny, get a tin of Twinkle copper polish paste, $4 at hardware stores or Sur La Table. Not everyone has it. Every time you use a copper pot, after washing it and rinsing it, wipe on some Twinkle paste and then rinse off. The brown, yellow, or purple oxidation (color reflects the temperature) will rinse off. If you let it get more heavily oxidized, you may have to rub in the paste a bit. Twinkle will not abrade away the polished shine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here