Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody Know Of Any Outstanding( Chochlate) Bunnys etc

Posted by bulldinkie (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 16:19

For Easter,when I was a kid my mom use to bring home these bunnies,etc for easter in pink,yellow,mint green and they were delicious.Im tired of the cheap tasting choclate, Im gonna make some Peanut butter and coconut eggs ,I use the cream cheese recipe mm peanut butter are good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody Know Of Any Outstanding( Chochlate) Bunnys etc

For good Easter candy, choose a company that makes high quality candy all the time.
See's would be one who does.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quality chocolate.

o

I also like the Lindt chocolate bunnies and even Russell Stover is better than the cheap ones like Zachary.

That said, everything tasted better when I was a kid. (sigh) My grandkids don't care what it tastes like, they just want the biggest one possible, LOL.

I have a recipe for Easter Eggs that has a marshmallow fluff filling, some is dyed yellow and then wrapped in white and dipped in chocolate so they look like those Cadbury Eggs. I don't like those things at all, but the kids love them, so maybe homemade will taste better.

Have fun making that candy, my family loves those "buckeye" type candies, peanut butter filling and chocolate dipped.

Annie

o

I really like Gertrude Hawk. If there's a store anywhere near you stop in. They give free samples! :) They have cute small candies called "Smidgens" that are bunny shaped!They come in different flavors.

Check them out.

There are two local companies I like to. One is Speach Candy, the other is Hercules Candy Co. So check out your local candy shops too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gertrude Hawk

o

Doesn't Ann T have some amazing filled chocolate recipes? I think there were chocolate covered cherries, but there were creme filled ones too.... Ann - are you out there?

Alexa

o

Check out this blog for some suggestions for chocolate bunnies.

Lars

o

Do you have a local candy making shop? We have one here that makes their own so I always buy a dark chocolate bunny for DH. DSon is not into chocolate so I make him something he likes.
Clare

Here is a link that might be useful: MacKenzie's Chocolates

o

Dove makes some pretty good chocolate bunnies.
You can get either milk chocolate
Or dark chocolate.
They are not real big,
And covered in gold foil.
Might be a little easier to find
Than some of the other kinds mentioned here.

But I guess what is most available depends pretty much
On where you live.

Rusty

o

If you have a Wegmans store in your area, I can recommend their house brand dark chocolate raspberry truffle Easter eggs. They are about 3" long.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here