SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosewitch49

Anyone have experience with Dansk Kobenstyle cookware?

rosewitch
10 years ago

I have a very mixed collection of loved cookware. Including Le Creuset, All-Clad, Cuisinart and various other stuff. Since my pulmonary hypertension diagnosis I have found that using my favorite Le Creuset pots are getting more difficult due to the weight. I get out of breath just trying to carry more than three bags of food shopping from the car to the house.

I really love cooking with the enamel coated cast iron and am looking at some Dansk� Kobenstyle lightweight enameled steel pots that have wood handles. Crate&Barrel have them and there is free shipping. They come in red to match my Le Creuset too.!

I have been making a lot of soups lately since it means I can make a large batch and only push my energy on one day and then recover for a couple of days. Plus it means I do eat and I need to gain some of the weight I have lost since all this started.

When I have family here for dinner, I have help in lifting the Le Creuset but since I live alone, I would like similar stuff I can use without causing breathing issues.

I am on meds now that are helping and my doctors have told me that they are looking at me to be back where I was in about a year from now and stronger after pulmonary rehab which I start in April.

But I will try almost anything that will help me continue to be as independent as possible and if lighter pots will help, why not!

I would appreciate any review of this cookware and if you know of any other cookware of this type you think I might look for that I missed.

I didn't post this on the cookware forum as there isn't much happening there and I really value the input I get here from everyone.

Thanks,
Kat

Comments (6)