Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birthday Gift Bonanza

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 14:50

Hi everyone,

My skillets arrived today in excellent shape and I just LOVE the color! I'll get a picture for you all later on.

In the meantime, I'm also writing down recipes for a theatre friend's birthday party tomorrow night. I wrote down three and having trouble finding some others. I wrote down the Express Fruit Cobbler, Bacon Wrapped Chicken, and Louisiana Crab Stuffed Potatoes. I'd like to give her maybe a soup recipe (I have ideas for that), another main dish, and a beverage at least. For the beverage I was thinking of maybe a sangria recipe. Would Banana Bread be a good idea as well? Any suggestions are very much appreciated! Thank you!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birthday Gift Bonanza

Brad, I think that's very nice, and I'm excited to see a picture of your new pans, I'll bet a lot of good cooking is going to be going on with those.

I think banana bread would be a nice addition to the recipes you chose, or pumpkin bread, a sweet is always welcome and those are easy to slice and transport and they keep well.

Annie

o

Banana bread is always popular. Is this a menu you're planning or are you giving an assortment of recipes? If it's a recipe assortment, I might include a snack item like the Ranch Oyster Crackers or the Caramel Cheetos. Possibly a salad to round out the assortment.

Cook up a storm on the new gear!

o

Cynic hit it right on the nose: I'm writing down recipes to give to her as a gift. She's also getting two cookbooks of Depression-era recipes and a kitchen towel set that mom got as a free gift in a catalog order and was planning to give away. Perfect timing! lol

Annie, the largest of the pans I already have planned for frying up some green tomatoes this summer :-). The smallest looks big enough to fry a single egg and the medium sized pan looks right for making grilled cheese or French toast

I was looking through my Pioneer Woman cookbooks. I wrote down her Spicy Pulled Pork recipe and the recipe from mom's recipe box for M&M or white chocolate chip cookies. Now I have a dessert recipe, a cookie recipe, two meat recipes, and a potato recipe. Now all I need is a beverage recipe and perhaps a salad recipe and/or an appetizer/snack recipe.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Sounds like fun to me!
If you go with banana bread, here is one that is very moist:

Pudding Banana Bread

Ingredients

1 stick of butter melted,
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temp.
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 3.4 oz container Banana Creme Pudding (could use vanilla)
1 5 oz Chobani Banana Greek Yogurt (could use plain or vanilla)
2 large or 3 medium banana, very ripe

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 baking pan.
In a large bowl combine melted butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in greek yogurt and smashed bananas. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.

o

That sounds like a good recipe, mustangs! Thank you for sharing that! I wrote it down to give to her :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Well, for a beverage I'd give her your Gram's Lemonade recipe!

Yum, fried green tomatoes.....

Annie

o

The party was a HUGE success with lots of delicious food and laughs. The party had a James Bond theme, with fake gems in martini glasses, playing cards, toy pistols, VHS/DVDs of the different films, movie posters, and pictures of different actors who portrayed the most famous spy of all.

To top it off, she LOVED her presents I gave her. I did end up giving her the famous lemonade recipe you all seem to enjoy :-). She and her husband both commented on the kitchen towel set and that it was very much appreciated and needed. Tomorrow is work day at the theatre, so more fun is expected lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Brad, it sounds like quite a party. Of course, we KNEW she'd love your gifts!

Have fun tomorrow too.

Annie

o

Oh yes, it was quite a party indeed. Everyone had a wonderful time. I'll let you all know how tomorrow goes!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Seems to me the MoonWolf has become quite the party animal... ;)

Keep on cookin' and howlin' at the moon buddy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here