SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

Morning Bread

chas045
11 years ago

On occasion, I make bread by the slow rise 'NY Times' low yeast method and recently tried the long or short refrigeration technique with almost regular yeast concentration given by ann_t I believe; once with terrific success and once OK. These are normally performed when I am home and awake for afternoon or evening fresh eating.

DW has asked if I would bake bread for use during her church communion service in a couple weeks (not tomorrow or Easter). I believe the whole point of homemade bread is for it to be eaten fresh, and I would want it baked that morning. My initial question was going to be: is there a way to handle dough so that by beginning activities at 6 a.m., I could have baked French style bagguetts by 9 a.m. when DW actually leaves for church activities. However, having thought about my fresh bread statement, I think I would rather deliver it to the church by 11:20 (leave house at 11) despite the duplicate transportation/gas etc, because it would not be 3 hours old.

Finishing by 11 seems likely to give me time to normally warm refer. stored bread, shape, rise and bake without serious issues. However, the initial thought still seems interesting. Has anyone tried making fresh bagguettes by 9 a.m.?

I realize that I could just set up bread machines (I have two) the night before to start when required, but I would like something closer to the looks of something that would have been around on the first Easter. OK, I suppose it should be whole wheat or something else from grainlady's larder, but I think I am going only so far with this.

Comments (9)