SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happygram_gw

The first prize goes to ... Sol's Chocolate Chip Cookies!

happygram
14 years ago

OK, so I'm kind of nuts, but I was assigned the job of baking many many many cookies for a big party my daughter was having for her 13 year old daughter. I decided that chocolate chip cookies were the perfect food but used 3 different recipes because I didn't want to make them all the same. So...I chose 3 recipes: one from the NYT food editor, the second one was from a favorite food blog, and the third was...drum roll, please, Sol's. The cookies were on separate plates, and there was a "ballot" so that the favorite could be checked.

The overwhelming vote was for Sol's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have pictures because they were gone too quickly for me to change the battery in my camera.

The recipe is below:

Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 C. AP flour (I used King Arthur because that's what

I had in the house)

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature

2 C. light brown sugar, packed

2 large eggs

1 T. vanilla extract

2 C. semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 C. chopped walnuts (optional...I didn't use nuts.)

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar till light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. On low speed, add the flour mixture and mix till barely blended. Add the chips (and nuts). Drop onto

a sheet pan and bake in a 350 degree oven, for approx. 12-15 minutes. (Note: I made really large cookies, and so they cooked longer than the suggested time. Also, because of time constraints, I made the dough on one morning and didn't make the actual baked cookies till the following evening...about 48 hours later.)

They were absolutely perfect as evidenced by the opinions of about 45 people.

Thank you, Sol.

Mary

Comments (15)