SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookie8_gw

Food Processor Frustration

cookie8
10 years ago

I bought mine second hand at a garage sale, it is a small size - not mini but small and I only use it occasionally. Well, today was an occasion and I made some truffles, which were really good once I got it all blended. The ingredients are 1 cup medjool dates, 1 cup shredded coconut, 1 cup pecans, half tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla (sorry, cant remember recipe site) and coat with melted chocolate - I did half coated with a cocoa and cinnamon mixture (they are so good I had to post the recipe). Oh, and after rolling into balls, freeze for 15 mins and coat.
Is it to much to expect my food processor to blend all this. It kept jamming and I ended up using three appliances plus removing all the dates, soaking them in boiled water, adding one at a time, etc. I ended up with the food processor in the end as the blender just broke it up, and stuck to the sides. Would a good processor just do the deed and it wouldnt be so frustrating. I did this while getting the kids ready for school and I just knew I was ready to either throw an appliance or a kid by the time I was done. My computer is stuck on French so I have no punctuations like apostrophes or question marks. Sorry. And thanks.

Comments (7)