SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Quick beef tenderloin prep?

2ajsmama
11 years ago

Hi all, I have a 3lb grassfefd tenderloin I took out of freezer (in Foodsaver bag) on Wed and started defrosting in water before running out to teacher conference, etc. (put it in fridge b4 leaving home, it still felt frozen in middle). Was going to slow-roast it but never did. Ended up eating out Wed, and made quick meal of ravioli last night so I HAVE to cook this today.

Track practice and Scouts are really ruling our lives right now, it's going to be another 1/2 day for DD (getting home at 2pm), pick up DS at 4:15 or so, get home at 4:30ish, DH gets home about 5, we have to eat and then it's off to another school function DD wants to attend, we have to leave by 6.

I hate to start something that requires precise timing before DH gets home (sometimes he's late), of course I have to make sure it's cooked (rare is fine) in time for us to eat (at least 30 minutes at table), so either I have to make something ahead of time, something that can be held, or something that cooks in less than 30 minutes.

I was thinking either cooking the entire roast for slicing into sandwiches, or cooking some/all of it as Chateaubriand (without the wine sauce), we would probably only eat 1.5lbs between the 4 of us though and I don't know what to do with other half?

Sides would probably be rice (made ahead in rice cooker and held) or egg noodles, plus frozen veggies steamed in the microwave. Not time for oven-roasted veggies.

Thanks!

Comments (16)