Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blueberry sauce question

Posted by ngraham (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 8:27

I made a cheesecake & some blueberry sauce for guests expected this weekend. They have had to cancel. I'm going to freeze the cheesecake. I imagine I can freeze the sauce also, but I was wondering if it would be sort of like jam. Would it keep a long time in the refrigerator? I'm thinking a month or so? I love cheesecake, & if I don't have company to help eat it, I'll probably be getting a slice out periodically & would be easier if I didn't have to thaw the sauce as well if I wanted it.
Here is the recipe if that helps
Blueberry syrup/sauce
On medium heat mix
1 cups blueberries
3 TB honey
cup orange juice
2 TB sugar
Bring to a boil. Mix together another cup juice with 1 TB cornstarch, add to pot. Simmer til thickens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blueberry sauce question

That sauce doesn't have enough sugar nor acid to keep very long in the refrig.....why not freeze half and keep the rest out to eat....bet it would be good on toast as well...on on top of your oatmael.
Linda C

o

I agree. The cornstarch in the sauce may also break down and allow it to separate.
You could freeze some of the sauce in one portion servings and try it though. Package them on top of your frozen cheesecake slices and you'll have one serving all ready to go!

Sounds delicious!

Deanna

o

It may go a little weird in the freezer but if you heat it up after thawing and whisk it well, it should go back to its original state.

o

To the freezer it goes, at least some of it. Thanks for the advice, I would hate to have lose any of it, very tasty.

o

I made this sauce last night to use on belgian waffles. Easy and delish! This a.m it's going on yogurt for breakfast. Yummm! Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here