Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ann_t's Cherry Brandy balls

Posted by loves2cook4six (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 20:17

Help please. I am making these and can't seem to get them to look "nice".

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? They are all lumpy and there is no nice chocolate edge like in Ann-T's gorgeous picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ann_t's Cherry Brandy balls

Mine didn't look like Ann's either, even when the 'dough' was well-chilled. I chopped up the coconut in the food processor and rolled them around with plenty of coconut. Then they looked much better.

They disappeared so fast I doubt if anyone even noticed what they looked like, lol.

o

Don't panic. You really don't need any help. Yours look just like mine in this other picture.

Don't aim for getting a marshmallow in the middle. That was just luck. Not something planned.

If you are just looking to have them more round, just refrigerate again and when cold, roll them again in the palm of your hand to reshape and roll again in more coconut.

As long as they taste good I wouldn't worry about them being perfect. There is no perfect.

Ann

o

Nope, mine don't look that pretty either, but they are Amanda's favorites and they don't last long enough to show off for long anyway.

photo 100_2975.jpg

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here