Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rob333 a question for ya!

Posted by caminnc (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 14, 12 at 19:05

You said in another post that you love bacon wrapped shrimp. Could you share your favorite recipe. I often have fresh shrimp but I have never fixed or had bacon wrapped shrimp. Do you serve it with a sauce? Please share your wisdom, thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rob333 a question for ya!

Choose your favorite BBQ sauce, slather it on and then grill it. I do cut down the bacon to it's a small sliver so that it gets cooked enough. Nothing hard here. I make several different kinds of sauce, so whatever is leftover gets put on it. Not much help, am I?

Here's one I use for chicken where you just plop it all in a bowl, smear over chicken and broil it. I bet it'd work great for this (even the broiling part).

:)

See the link for the whole chicken recipe.

Paula Deen's Easy BBQ Sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 to 1 teaspoon hot sauce, (recommended: Tabasco)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped scallions (white and light green parts)
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Lime wedges, for serving

In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard, hot sauce, and black pepper. Stir in the scallions, lime zest, and lime juice. Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Yield: 2 cups

Here is a link that might be useful: easy after work BBQ chicken recipe

o

Not very good picture, but you get the idea! Makes me want some dirty rice though.
;)

o

Oh that sounds & looks wonderful! I will try it as soon as it warms up a little. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here