SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khandi_gw

OMG Brownies!!

khandi
16 years ago

Today I made Kahlua brownies. When DD tried it, she said "OMG! These are so good!" When DH tried it, all he could say was "Mmmmmmm God! Mmmmmmmm". I laughed! DH even called a neighbour friend saying that he didn't want to brag but that he just had to taste the brownies I just made. He brought over a piece topped with a spoonful of frozen vanilla yogurt and a drizzle of pure maple syrup! He wants the recipe. I get such a thrill when I make something that my family really likes. DH even said he'd keep me!! LOL

(See my notes at the end of the recipe.)

Kahlua Brownies

(Kahlua.com)

1/2 cup butter

3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate

1½ cups sugar

3 eggs

1½ cups all purpose flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

1/3 cup Kahlúa®

Heat oven to 350° F (180° C)

Grease an 8 X 8 inch cake pan.

Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.

In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently until smooth.

Remove the saucepan from heat, and let cool.

Beat eggs and sugar until light. Mix in cooled chocolate mixture and Kahlúa® flour mixture. Spread in the cake pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Cool slightly, then brush the top with about 1-2 tablespoons of Kahlúa®. Cut into squares

NOTES:

I set the timer for 30 minutes cuz I usually don't bake brownies for longer time. However, it took the whole 40 minutes. Must be because of the Kahlua. They are fudgy!

I used a 100g bar of 70% cocoa chocolate cuz I didn't have unsweetened baking chocolate.

Once the chocolate and butter were melted and cooled, I added the Kahlua. Added this mixture to the sugar/egg mixture, then mixed in the flour. All was done by hand, no mixer.

I didn't brush the top with Kahlua. However, DH wants me to next time.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!