Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any one else watch Nadia G's B!tchin' Kitchen?

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 12 at 18:13

It is a fun and maybe a little bit crazy cooking show on the Cooking Channel. We watch it every week. Don't know if I would make any of the food she creates, tend to be on the spicy side, but get a laugh out of the show. What surprises me is my DH and DSon love to watch it too.
Clare

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any one else watch Nadia G's B!tchin' Kitchen?

I used to watch it all the time when we had that channel. She's hilarious!

o

I do! When I first started watching her, she kinda irked me, but she grew on me. She is really hilarious and she cooks different kinds of food you don't see on a cooking show everyday. That said, I was bummed at the show where she "made" gnocchi. She didn't make it, just the sauce. I wanted to see her technique.

o

I watch her occasionally, my hubby and daughters watch her every week. She is fun to watch. Sorta like the original Pee Wee Herman show on Saturday mornings with all the different characters, but for cooking. NancyLouise

o

She is fun to watch. By the way, that 'Jersey Girl' accent is a put on; she's from Montreal. Saw her on an episode of Andrew Zimmern's show, parleyvooing with her fellow Montrealers.

o

I had to look her up. I don't have that channel, but it looks kooky! In a good way.

:)

Here is a link that might be useful: trailer for Nadia's show

o

Nadia is what would happen if Rocky Balboa and Brigitte Bardot had a baby.

I've only caught her show a few times, and it is entertaining. I especially admire a chick who can happily cook in killer heels.

Sol

o

You can even learn things from her show, like I did in this video about olive oil.
Clare

Here is a link that might be useful: Oive Oil Wars

o

Ha ha NancyLouise, what a comparison. Like yeschef, she also grew on me. BTW, love PeeWee Herman.

o

Love PeeWee too cookie. Especially loved it when he would tell the kids to go into sleeping mom and dad's bedroom on Saturday mornings and SCREAMMMM! I know, I'm sadistic. lol I miss Miss Y-vonne. NancyLouise

o

I don't get the Cooking channel, so I've never seen her show. I'm dismayed that the Food Network and HGTV sent all their how to shows to the higher priced cable package, at least, where I live that's the way it is.

I never watched Pee Wee. His show was after my time, and before (I think, or after) my kid's time, or they just never got interested in it. He was on last week's episode of Top Chef, for those that are interested.

Sally

o

The higher numbered channels are HD ones, at least for our TW cable company. I believe they get more money for those. The lower channels are local non-HD and crappy channels like jazzersize and sell your car ones. We watch cooking shows every day so we need beyond basic cable. NancyLouise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here