SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandy808

Hmmm....keep my mixer on the island?

sandy808
10 years ago

I'm driving myself nuts over this. I have a spot in the corner of a "regular" counter where I've been keeping my pretty red Ankarsrum mixer. I have a window there with a nice view. However, I have a wonderful gigantic "bake" island. I always end up moving this mixer over to my island so I can really spread out...plus my supplies are in there. I chose not to have an appliance lift in the island because I couldn't picture myself using a mixer while standing in front of a cabinet with the door open.

The problem I struggle with is that we have an open floor plan, and though many women store their pretty mixers on their counters, I have yet to hear of one who has their mixer as their "island centerpiece". I also hate clutter, but I cook and have no problem with a few select things left out that I use often.

Lately I've been lugging this poor mixer back and forth between the counter and my bake island. Fortunately they are close to one another because it is heavy!

Has anyone here just given up and left the darn thing on their island? Part of me feels I should just keep the pretty fruit basket or a vase of flowers on the island counter, so that when I'm done cooking or baking it's a pretty surface. On the other hand it's a workspace. The mixer is used often but there are days I don't need to use it, although that may change if I purchase more attachments for it.

Comments (22)