SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeri

Hospitality Suite Take 2

jeri
11 years ago

After all your kind help with the other thread, I'm thinking of changing the menu for the Hospitality suite after last nights meeting. Turns out we will only have, at most, 40 for lunch and a handful for dinner. The Band Directory would like a hot meal for the lunch crowd, and is still talking about the rice pilaf served last year. I was not there, but I know it was a boxed brand from Smart & Final.

This may seem a bit ambitious, but what do you think???

Steak & Veggie Kabobs
Rice Pilaf
Fruit Salad
Cheese Tortellini Salad or Oriental Green Beans
Perhaps Garlic Toast?

I was thinking of using my large grill pan (covers 2 burners) to grill the steak and veggies individually, not skewered. I cold do all the meat. Then all the Zucchini, etc. Knowing that everything cooks in a different amount of time, this would give me control over each of them.

After everything is done and cooled, I would then skewer it all together, with an eye toward presentation. I would do all of this the day before the event.

At the event, I do have use of the kitchen ovens and warming ovens. So, I could reheat the skewers at 350 until hot and put them in the warming ovens until time to serve.

I also have a 60 cup rice cooker and can do the pilaf in that. I have found a bay leaf added makes it something really special.

The Cheese Tortellini Salad would double as a meal for any non meat eaters in the group. Or, I could nix this and just have some veggie kabobs for the non meat eaters? I also have an Oriental Green Bean recipe that I love and I think tastes best cold or at room temp.

I was thinking of Sirloin, Zucchini, Red Peppers, & onions. Simple but good.

What do you think???

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022