Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! How do you cook a thawed lobster tail?

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 14, 09 at 15:43

So that it doesn't turn into rubber? I have bought cooked live lobster at the store and ordered ones in a resturant (some were rubber - LOL) but can't remember cooking a previously frozen one. DH got them at Costco today as a Val's Day present because he knows how much I love lobster and we can't afford to go out since he got laid off.
Thanks.
Clare

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! How do you cook a thawed lobster tail?

Defrost it and then steam it just until warm on a rack in a pot of simmering water that doesn't touch it. Another way is to cut it up and use it in a sauce like Newburgh sauce. Make the sauce and then add the lobster chunks just until heated.

I'm using frozen lobster meat in scampi tonight and will add it to the sauce for only a minute or two at the end.

Have a wonderful dinner!

o

from myrecipes.com (link below includes recipe for ginger dipping sauce)

To prepare lobster, make a lengthwise cut through the top of each lobster shell using kitchen shears, cutting to, but not through, lobster meat; press shell open. Place the lobster tails, cut sides up, in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oils and pepper, and spoon over the lobster meat.

Bake at 425 for 13 minutes or until the lobster meat turns opaque. Serve lobster with sauce, and garnish with onions, if desired.

Here is a link that might be useful: myrecipes.com roasted lobster w ginger dipping sauce

o
RE: Lobster tail

Oops, sorry about that. I thought it was cooked and then frozen.

o

I've been cooking them like I did in my Pizza place.
Used African lobster Tails. No warm water Tails.
I thawed the first.
Put them in the frig.overnight or in water (not hot)for about 20 minutes.

I split the thru the shell,pour in some melted Butter.
Sprinkle on Garlic Powder, a pinch of Old Bay , And an Italian pinch of Black Pepper.
Throw them in a hot oven and Bake, according to size.
A Medium size ,about 15 minutes.
The shell will open and the meat should be ready for Plucking.
We just dip the meat in Softened , Seasoned Butter.

I don't believe this, I started sneezing while typing
Pepper. ( 5 times )

Or you can Boil ( 1 min. to an Ounce ) , Steam , or Grille.
Use the seasoning of your choice.
I use mainly Garlic Onion and Pepper.

Save some for me, LOU

I've even cooked Whole Lobsters in Marinara Sauce and served with Spaghetti.

o

Thanks for the recipes. I think I will try the baked one from Lou. Sounds yummy. And I like it with just fresh lemon and melted butter.
Clare

o

I'm with Lou on this one - natural thaw no hot/warm/micro anything! Cool water in the fridge overnite is the best.

o

Clare: Thanks for reminding me about the lemon.

Sands : Bless your Heart , Thank You.
Lou

o

It was already thawed so don't have to worry about that. I have had previously frozen then thawed lobster tails that must have been cooked the wrong way or too much because you could have bounced them off the floor.
Thanks again everyone.
Clare

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here