SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Baking Pantry Challenge

claire_de_luna
16 years ago

Mercury is in retrograde, which means we're going over old ground. Today was my choice for going over the (very old) ground that is my Baking Center, and as I started pulling things out of there, I realized it was time to Use It or Lose It. Now some of the bits and pieces have been vacuum sealed, so I'm not worrying that any of it's too old, but I could really use some help in figuring out what to make with these Bits and Pieces of this and that. Here's what I found:

3/4 C. lemon cookie crumbs

1/4 C. pecan dust (very fine pecans great for rolling truffles in or topping something with)

1/3 C. chopped pecans

2 C. vanilla sugar

4 C. graham cracker crumbs

Box of chocolate graham crackers

Box of cinnamon graham crackers

1 C. roasted macadamia nuts

1/2 C. chopped macadamia nuts

1 C. cinnamon sugar

5 oz. animal crackers

1/4 C. chocolate cookie crumbs

3 5 oz. jars hazelnuts

chips - butterscotch, semisweet, milk chocolate, cinnamon

2 squares unsweetened chocolate

Bird's Custard Powder

3 jars Marshmallow Creme

2 jars Nutella

2 white chocolate bars

Of course along with all of this I have the usual brown/white sugars, cocoa powder, flavoring extracts, flours, baking spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, and evaporated milk. There's butter, cream and cream cheese in the dairy section of my fridge, so my options are wide open.

I have some ideas (like truffles, flourless chocolate and cheesecake, to use up some chocolate and cookie crumbs over the next few weeks), but am wondering...What would you make with what's available so I can use some of this up? Whatever it is can't be too, overly sweet. I would appreciate and welcome all the help I can get from you at this point!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm