SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

Ho fun noodles

gellchom
14 years ago

I am just crazy about dishes made with these very very very wide Chinese (I think) rice noodles. (We can't help but call them "No Fun Noodles" ever since we saw the hilarious "Belching Dragon Menu" from MAD -- see link.)

But I had some trouble finding recipes and instructions for using the noodles. (Actually, I had trouble finding the noodles themselves, until I learned that they come fresh and uncut in a folded over slab -- looks like a fingertip towel.)

I looked at several recipes and made a beef dish based on what I'd learned. That came out great -- luckily, because I made a TON. Even for a Chinese food leftover lover like me, it's a lot!

I get the feeling that you can use any stir fry recipe you like, and just cut the noodles and put them in at the appropriate time. The recipes and blogs I found seemed to reflect common frustration with using them without at least some precooking, but what's the best way?

Does anyone have any advice about cutting, preparing, and otherwise using these wonderful noodles? I am getting near the end of the leftovers and I know I'm going to want them again soon --

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1492728}}

Comments (18)