SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Making flat cookies thick

jenn
16 years ago

I tried a cookie recipe from the back of an old bag of C&H sugar. They taste great and everyone at work who tried them came back for more. Based on the name, I assumed they'd be thicker than they were.... in the last few minutes of baking, they went flat.

I'm wondering if anyone can offer advice for making this a thick cookie. I'd try turning down the temp by 25-50 degrees and baking them a little longer. (Our oven does run hot so I had already adjusted the dial and used an oven thermometer to achieve the recommended temperature.)

Here's the recipe. The only important modification is using brown sugar in place of 1/2 of the white sugar. But that should only make them browner.... right?

Oatmeal Cinnamon Drops

1 cup (2 sticks) butter

2 cups C and H Granulated Sugar (*** I used 1 cup white and 1 cup brown)

2 eggs

1 Tbsp. molasses

2 tsp. pure vanilla

2 C all-purpose flour

2 tsp. cinnamon

1-1/2 tsp. BS

1/2 tsp. salt

2 cups quick oats

2/3 cups raisin (*** I omitted them)

1 cup chopped nuts

1/2 cup chocolate pieces (*** I used 1 cup)

Cream together butter and sugar; add eggs, molasses, and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats, raisins, nuts, and chocolate pieces. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 degree oven for 12 minutes or until light brown. Makes 6 dozen.

I'm not adverse to thin cookies.... I'll eat 'em no matter what shape or size! I'd just like to know how I might make them thick, if I can.

Jen

Comments (16)