Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Triciae missing?

Posted by pkramer (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 14:08

I am putting this on the main page as many don't go to conversations.

I haven't seen Tricia post in a bit and knowing her health issues I am concerned. Have I just missed her postings? I did send her an email but I am not sure it went through.

Does anyone know anything?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Triciae missing?

I’ve been worried about her too. Her last post that I recall was about a month ago that she had her DH post for her. Hope she is doing well and life has just gotten busy for her.

Claudia

o

I remember that post.

I am sure Tricia reads CF once in a while.

Tricia get well!!!

dcarch

o

She sure has had a rough time the last few years but seems to remain positive. Hope we hear from her soon.

Cathy

o

Yes, Tricia, if you are reading this, check in quickly. How is the house restoration going after Sandy? How are you feeling?

o

Hoping to hear from her or her DH soon!
Has anyone checked the real estate or forums that follow that. She was active there too.

o

Yes, Tricia, if you are reading this, check in quickly. How is the house restoration going after Sandy? How are you feeling?

o

I've been wondering about her, too. Hope she or Don checks in with some positive news.

o

Tricia, I'm thinking of you too, and hope all is well!

o

It has been a while since she posted. Hopefully we will hear from her soon.

~Ann

This post was edited by ann_t on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 19:53

o

I miss her too. Tricia is such an inspiring person.

Sally

o

I'm missing you to, Tricia!

Tami

o

Hi! It's me...tricia.

I've received several emails letting me know about this thread. Thanks everybody for caring! Means a lot! I'm unable to answer each. Please understand.

The stress from Sandy/rebuilding allowed my thoracic spinal injuries an opportunity to have their way with me, I'm afraid. Doctors put me on "mean business" new pain medications which, in turn, gave an opening to the Sjogren's. Neither are curable. Neither are treatable. All that can be done is to treat symptoms as they occur.

Our DS/DDIL are in Maine (5 hrs. away) and want to spend this time closer and DH needs respite help. They have found us a house. DH is in the process of getting ready to sell our Mystic home. DH has not seen the Maine house but pictures look nice. And, it's only 10 minutes from DS/DDIL. I am unable to withstand two moves so DH is trying to purchase the Maine house, close, and then move me listing this house in the spring. The owners though are in South America. (not uncommon for this area of Maine to have non-local owners) DS/DH are also trying to find nearby medical care for me in Maine (not an easy feat).

Food/Cooking? I'm not eating. The sight/aroma makes me retch. That Special K drink stuff is my mainstay. Sometimes, a carton of Yoplait, a grape popsicle, and I ate about 1/4 cup plain buttered mini-pasta shells yesterday. Not very exciting nor enough - I've lost a lot of weight.

Thanks for the concern. Life has cycles. Unsure where this one ends.

Oh, sad thing happened last week. My hair has been very long forever. Because DH is unable to care for it - the kind stylist who does his hair came to the house & cut mine. I'd forgotten I had curly hair, when short. I cried. DH does not understand. Seems like waving a white flag, to me. And it's gone forever. Very sad.

/tricia

o

OMG, I am sorry to hear that all of these issues are piling on and complicating the already complicated life you are subjected to.
Thank it easy and know that we are with you in spirit; focus on what matters...your well being.

(((Cathy)))

o

Tricia - I am so saddened to read your update. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Teresa

o

Tricia, you are in my prayers. Please keep us posted as you can.

Tami

o

Tricia, while I am glad that you posted, the news of your health really saddens me, as I am sure it does you also. Keep your spirits up any way you can.

Remember, hair grows and as it grows DH can learn to style it for you and once you are near DDIL, I am sure that a womens touch will help.

Post when you can or ask DH to keep us updated. I have missed your posting. If typing is hard, you may want to look into Dragon software. you talk and it types for you. I know several with RA in their hands are using it and like it.

Prayer for you and your family.

Peppi

o

Hope heals.

Recovery from Sjogren's can happen, as you know.

Keep the hopes up.

dcarch

o

Traiciae - I'm mostly lurking these days, but also miss your posts. You've been such a help to others here.

Keeping you in my thoughts as you move on with this next chapter. I'm glad to hear that you'll be closer to family.

Sue

o

Not the time of year to be going thru this mess, Tricia-- keep fighting , will keep you in my prayers--

Diane

o

triciae, wherever you go, I hope you won't be a stranger. Your health will go through ups and downs. Whether on the ups or the downs, you will always be Wonder Woman to me.

Love,

- John.

o

Tricia, you are in my thoughts and prayers. It may be the best thing that you are moving near your DS and DDL so you can have help and support. Even though you're going though a really bad time right now, keep your hopes high. Things can change for the best whenever you least expect it but you must never give up. Hugs!

o

You are also in my thoughts and prayers, Tricia. I hope that the move goes smoothly and that your health improves.
Cj

o

Tricia, I'm glad to see your post here. So many of your friends here were concerned about you. I hope you can feel the love and hugs across the miles.

The move to Maine is just another of life's adventures for you and your DH. Take care of your health first so you can enjoy life to the fullest.

Teresa

o

Tricia, I'm sorry to hear that your health has taken a turn for the worse and will pray that it twists back in a positive direction. I wish your plans for the move go smoothly and your new life will be a good one.

o

Tricia,

I, too, have been missing you and am very sorry to hear that your health problems have continued, no doubt aggravated by the stress from the hurricane and its aftermath. I hope the move goes smoothly and that you will soon be thriving in your new home.

Sue

o

Tricia, I'm glad you came back to let us know what's going on with you. Very sorry to hear that your health has gotten worse, and I hope you will be feeling somewhat better after you get through the move. Being nearer to family is always good.

o

Tricia, thank you for posting and bring us up to date. I'm so sorry that you are having more health problems.

I know that you love the Mystic area, but it sounds like the decision to move is the right one for you and your family.

Please stay in touch.

~Ann

o

Adding my voice to the chorus of well wishers. I'm so very sorry to learn of your continued health issues, but please try to remain optimistic. I'm sure being near your grands will lift your spirits. Think of it as a new beginning-- hairstyle and all!
Please check in and let us know how you're doing!

E

o

Oh Tricia I think of you as I drive by Mystic each year, wondering what you are doing that day. Makes me a little sad to think that you will be elsewhere. However, Maine sounds beautiful and so nice that you will be near your family.

Sorry about the hair but you may come to like your shorter 'do. I understand though, since I have always had longish hair and don't like the thought of cutting it.

Hope your health improves and the move goes as smoothly as possible. Don't forget about us, and do check in.

o

Good luck with everything coming up, may your strength improve !!!

o

Tricia I’m so sorry you are having such a setback. Hopefully this will pass and you will get better you have in the past. I know how much you love your home on the harbor and leaving it will be hard on you and Don but being near family is the right thing for now.

I will be praying that your doctors come up with the best combination of medications to help you and the move doesn’t put too much stress on you.

Take care of yourself and know I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

Claudia

o

Tricia, I, too, am so sorry to learn of the set backs you are having.
You are a true inspiration to me,
Being close to your DS & DDIL will be good for all concerned.

Keep the faith, and know there are a LOT of us
out here with you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!

Rusty

o

Tricia, I'm also sad to learn you are not feeling well. I will be thinking of you often, and keeping you in my prayers. You are one of my heroes.

I've had long hair and short hair and long hair and short hair, but mostly long hair - down to my waist long. I'll grow it until I decide it just doesn't look good any more, and have enough to donate to Locks of Love. I do miss it when it's gone. There are so many little things one does with long hair, like wrap it around your finger when you're concentrating on something, use it to keep your neck warm, braid it, twist it, or just enjoy the feel of it around your shoulders. I know how you must miss your hair. That being said, I also enjoy it when my hair is shorter, as it actually does look better. I use less shampoo, and it takes quicker to dry, and my hair is curly too - I can just wash and let it dry. I bet your short hair looks great. Maybe DH can get you a nice, plush, luxurious, soft scarf to keep your neck warm now.

Sally

o

Triciae,

I an so Saad to hear of your health problems and racially sad to hear you will be selling your lovely home in Mystic. I know how much you lived it there.
Will you be able to take the boat with you?

At least you well have the comfort that having family around you brings.

Take care..... be better

Sharon

o

I want to bump this up, because I want Tricia to know that we still miss her. I hope you're doing better, Tricia!

Sally

o

• Posted by triciae Zone 7 Coastal SE CT (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 11:18

Sally, thank you so much for thinking of me! Our move to Maine has hit a snag. We submitted an offer to purchase a home and thought it was just a matter of the usual back/forth haggling. We've got a realtor lined up in Mystic cooling her heels and ready to list our house, paid for a full appraisal so we make sure we price correctly for a fast sale, and started on the details of how to accomplish the move...and now we find that the seller in Maine cannot deliver clear title. IRS lien! I'm so mad I could spit at somebody. The seller's Realtor dropped that little bomb on us after we'd made our offer. We've sat here fuming since last Friday. I don't know what we're going to do...they, of course, want us to increase our offer to cover the seller's IRS lien. It's a CASH offer with no contingencies, not even an appraisal, except for the usual home, water, septic inspections and a confirmation of the FEMA Flood Maps (it's in an "iffy" location near a major river so we asked for a survey). If anybody has any great ideas let me know over on Conversations!

/tricia (who is still too mad to call the Realtor!)

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 12:13

Good luck. I found this online

IRS tax liens do not go away. They stay on the property until they are paid off, accruing additional interest as they go along.

Read your sales contract. Somewhere in it, you should be able to find wording indicating that the seller will deliver a clear and free title. Right now he can't.

Discuss with your attorney how you want to proceed. and what your options are. This is not going to go away, nor is it going to be resolved quickly and smoothly. No lender will give you a mortgage until this is resolved.

Your attorney can advise you if can withdraw your offer, rewrite a new offer contingent upon all liens being paid, or if it's even worth the effort to try to do so.

Your attorney has to find out the amount of the lien, then he and the seller's attorney have to contact the IRS and see if they are willing to negotiate with the seller to get the house sold to try to pay off the lien. The IRS would want to see the contract, your pre-approval letter to see if you can indeed buy the house. Then they may or may not be willing to negotiate the lien. Depending on how much the lien is, there may not even be enough equity in the house to pay it off. A long drawn out process for sure.

It looks like the IRS gets first crack at any money the SELLER may get at settlement. I can't believe they want YOU to pay for the lien, what skunks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Government publication

o

Tricia - That's terrible. Do they have a mortgage? If not, you can suggest that they REDUCE the purchase price by the amount of the lien and then you will pay it off.

I hope it works out for you.

o

Tricia, I'm glad to hear from you, even it its with bad news. I know nothing about real estate law, so I can't help you there, but I hope you find a different home that you like, without all the grief. What a hassle for you.

Sally

o

That's royal! They want you to pay their lien? Ummm, what about them paying it out of the proceeds of the sale. It's their debt and they are asking you to pay their debt. Shesh!

Good to hear from you and hope you can find another home without the hassles. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here