SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Home made pork tenderloin sandwich....

lindac
15 years ago

O...M...G!!!

I had an appointment for a pedicure....and was sitting there at the drying bench with another woman who was looking at her watch and fretting about meeting he dad for lunch....and we got talking about Tenderloin sandwiches and what a mid-west thing they are and who still makes a "real" one and not some bought pre breaded thing out of a box....and we got to talking about this little old "luncheonette" just off the square...that used to have a great tenderloin.

So since I've been feeling poorley and all and since I haven't been eating much and since I was now hungry...I thought "Go for it"!

This place is just as I remembered it 40 years ago....same yellow formica counters worn in some spots, same red spinning stools, same wire racks for the menu and the sugar shaker, salt and pepper and French's mustard.....and the same tenderloin sandwich!!

For those of you who have never been to the land of tall corn and hog farmers....a Tenderloin sandwich is a slice of boneless pork loin, pounded thin...dipped in egg and crumbs and deep fried. then served on a bun....hanging out the sides of the bun like about 2 inches all around and topped with mustard, onion, catsup and pickles. Food for the gods!!

So....how many of you have ever eaten a real tenderloin sandwich served at a real "cafe" or a real "luncheonette"?

Linda c

Comments (42)