SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

It's Pizza Party Time!!!

wizardnm
16 years ago

Please use this thread for posting about your Pizza Party Pizza's!!

The link below will hopefully make checking recipes more convenient and if you could post any recipes there that you use that would be good. Maybe we can then keep this thread just for conversations .....you know, progress reports and pictures.....etc

As I hinted at before, there will be a drawing for a special surprise. I will be entering your name into the drawing when you post about your pizza. I'll do the drawing on Tuesday night, I hope that will give everyone time to do their pizza post.

Have Fun! Eat Pizza!!!

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Virtual Pizza Party Recipes

Comments (129)

• msafirstein
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Lucy, love the audience pic!

Linda, I think I might have a pan that would work perfectly for a deep dish pizza! You pizza came out of pan so perfectly. Did you flip it to a plate and then flip again?

Oh I can't wait to try a deep dish!

Michelle

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Kathleen:
    You don't have to give up food for Lent.
    Just something that is a real sacrifice. Like S- - - - - - -
    I wasn't too far from Springfield.I lived in Glenolden.
    Had the Oldest house there. The land with a cabin, went back to the 1700's.
    My house (the Homestead ) was buit in 1832.

Lucy:
    Howja do dat? The audience Clapping !

Michele:
    Use a Springform Pan for your Deep Dish Pizza.

Chase:
    A Strombloi is like a big Ravioli. Boo can splain how when she comes back.

Ohiomom:
    I didn't tell you but I use 1 cup of WW flour sub. now
    I'm a little Psychic.

It's late. continued tommorrow.
    Lou

• Related Discussions

Virtual Pizza Party

Q

Comments (52)
    It sounds like fun although we'll be out of town. I look forward to seeing everyone's recipes and pictures though. We make pizza quite frequently. I make the dough and the pizza maker's sauce from "Pizza Napoletana!" by Pamela Sheldon Johns. The dough is for a flat pizza with large air pockets that build up, just like in Italia! We put our baking stones in the oven and crank them for the best results. My favorite is to duplicate the California Pizza Kitchen roasted red peppers, bacon, caramelized onions and goat cheese. Turns out wonderful and very close to the original. We set out as many toppings as the counter will hold and everyone makes their own. It's always a fun production in our house.
    ...See More

Pizza Party - Need new peel, recipes

Q

Comments (65)
    It will be interesting to hear your recipe, trailrunner! I just made a small batch (way too small as it turned out), this was enough for two pizzas. Minced garlic from 2 heads, simmered slowly in around 1/4 cup olive oil, for 5 minutes only, being carefully to not let brown. I can't remember for sure, but I think it was almost equal parts garlic and XV olive oil. Then, added a small can of tomato paste, 1/4 cup sugar and a couple Tbsp of water, and 1/4 tsp of oregano and pepper. The crusts do look different but I'm pretty sure they are both the Baguette recipe (which I must attempt this week, having found my pans). The second crust looks more like the Bittman recipe, but that was because it was made in a square pan, more deep dish style. I wasn't thrilled with either crust this time. We had a hockey game in the middle of the day so I made the 4 batches of dough in the morning and let them proof in the fridge, then skipped the second rise for the baguette recipe. Maybe they rose too long? Next time, I'll shoot for around two hours before oven time. Then again, I tend to not eat when I am hosting, so maybe I am imagining the difference. Everyone else loved the pizzas, which is all that counts. Between the two, I like the baguette recipe a little better but DH likes the MB.
    ...See More

Time for levity - pizza party photo

Q

Comments (9)
    It wasn't the Sony CEO (where Kevin works) - it was the CEO at the furniture company where I work. Kevin did take our sister to the Sony cafeteria and gave her a "back lot" tour. It is not my goal to impress anyone - just to make food that I like and that others may also like. People were impressed with Kevin's art, however - those who had not seen it before, and it would be nice if he could sell some of it, since we have more than we have room for in our modest house. The one thing I try to impress people with is the comfort and functionality of the back yard. People did very much enjoy that. It is so tranquil and relaxing there that my dentist stayed much longer than I expected. She seemed to be chilling out after a morning at the office - she works half days on Saturdays. The CEO did say that he appreciated my "artesanal pizza"! We'll see if I get a raise - he is not my boss - I report directly to the owner, and she is also his boss. We do have pot luck lunches at work for certain holidays, such as Thanksgiving, and those are fun, but I would not want to host one at my house. I could host an after-hours Happy Hour, however! Here's a photo of Kevin and BIL at the Sony lot:
    ...See More

It's Party Time: Recipe of the Day

Q

Comments (7)
    I just found this and can't wait to try it. It is Pappadeaux's Blacken Shrimp/Oyster Fondue. 4 x Shrimp Peeled & Deveined 4 x Oysters Blackened Seasonings - To Taste Melted Butter As Needed 1 cup Spinach -- Chopped 4 x Mushrooms -- Sliced 2 oz Lump Crabmeat 2 tbl Green Onion -- Chopped 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese Grated Garlic Bread Sauce 2 tbl Butter 2 tbl Flour 1/4 x Onion -- Chopped 1 cup Shrimp Stock Or Water 1/2 cup White Wine 1 pch Cayenne 1 tsp Salt 1 cup Whipping Cream · Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings (available in most supermarkets). Melt butter in hot saute pan, and saute shrimp and oysters, about 2 minutes per side. Add spinach, mushrooms, crab and green onion. · Saute until mushrooms and spinach soften. Fold in sauce and bring to a simmer. Pour into heatproof dish; top with grated cheese. Place under a broiler until cheese melts. Use garlic bread as dippers. · Makes 4 servings · Sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan; whisk in flour and chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender. Slowly stir in stock and wine; whisk until smooth. Add cayenne and salt; simmer 10 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Prepare shrimp stock by boiling down 1 cup shrimp shells in 4 cups of water. Boil shells for 30 minutes. · Cuisine: Cajun I Love this Stuff! Gayle
    ...See More
  • loagiehoagie
    16 years ago

Okay, it took me awhile to find where my pic went, and then I had trouble with Photobucket. Arghhhh,...anyway....the pizza's on this thread are just fantastic! I have a wonderful family pizzeria a block from my house, and they are so good and cheap that I rarely make pizza at home anymore. It is fun to do, but I can rarely beat the taste of this place..and frankly it's a lot easier!

Anyway....I made calzones. Italian sausage with a blend of 4 cheeses.

Pretty tasty.

{{gwi:1492141}}

• canarybird01
    16 years ago

What a wonderful thread full of good ideas and pictures!

I'm late joining the party because I made mine yesterday (Sunday) as Saturday got too busy and Wolf wanted to go out.

I made my favourite "Spanish Pizza" if it can so be called, which is a meatless and cheeseless vegetable pastry which is so well loved on the island of Mallorca (Majorca). Called Coca de Verduras or vegetable tart, it's a savoury rather than a sweet one and the topping is variable but resembles a ratatouille of chopped spring onion, green pepper, thinly sliced tomato, sliced garlic, sweet paprika, salt and olive oil, a truly Mediterranean flavour. I added a few slices of black olives and some Swiss chard. We sat outside on the patio where I took the photo in the pan. The second pic of a slice closeup was taken this morning, before I warmed it up for my breakfast. Oh I'm now addicted again to this delicious tart and Wolf was delighted. Although he won't eat pizza, he loves this.

........COCA DE VERDURAS

SharonCb

• sigh
    16 years ago

You guys are KILLING me! Kathleen- your pizza dedicated to Lou cracked me up. Lucy, you must have forgotten to send my invitation but you can make it up to me by sending a broccoli rabe pizza. Lou, I actually teared up when I saw the beautiful Valentine pizza that you made for your daughter so I had to rush to post, then will go back & savor the rest. The pizzas in this thread are gorgeous!

I did participate! 4 pizzas- 10 guests, it was a regular Nina's Pizzeria. I used Lucy's french bread recipe for the dough & a very basic tomato with basil & parsley for the sauce. Topping were plain chese, roasted pepper & olive, sausage and bacon. Unfortunately the guests arrived early (6 of them being 5 and under) and the pizzas took longer to cook than had thought (should have used convection) that it wasn't until I was slicing the 3rd pie when I remembered that I sould have been taking pics. AUGH!

So I was there in spirit, if not photographically. My toppings may have been pedestrian but the pizzas themselves were a big hit. The pizza was served with juice boxes, appetizers were pretzels and popcorn. Dessert was birthday cake, of course. Spiderman bedecked, strawberry filled sponge cake.

Now I'm going back to read the rest of this thread!

Nina

• lpinkmountain
    16 years ago

Hi Lou!
    I wish I had known about the pizza place in Upper Darby, I was actually right near there for the first aide training--Newtown Square at Ridgley Creek State Park. I could have stopped on my way home!
    Thanks for the tip!
    Lpink

• magothyrivergirl
    16 years ago

Everyone's pizzas look so delicious. DH was out of town all week, I had tile contractors working all week and since the water outside was frozen, they were forced to use the kitchen - altho they were very neat , I feel a good disinfecting is needed!
    Just DH & I for Super Bowl, so we decided to try frozen California Pizzas, so we could join the party - late & not home made - or even from Ledo's - but they weren't bad. I haven't had a store bought frozen pizza in many years!
    Thanks to everyone for sharing your recipes!

• lucyny
    16 years ago

Nina,
    You're too funny! A date is all that's necessary, & I'll make that broccoli rabe pizza for you ;-)

It turned out to be the last pizza out of the oven, no sooner than it was placed on the table, it was gone in a flash!

Lucy

• ohiomom
    16 years ago

Canary

I want that recipe .... purty please :)

Michelle

The one thing I would change is to use fresh spinach, my grocer was out and I had to go with frozen. The pizza flipped out of the pan easily because, unlike pie crust, this crust is firm. However a large one might be easier to slide out, don't know if it would handle flipping.

• Solsthumper
    16 years ago

I knew it.

Luigi, you pizza extraordinaire! I had a sneaky suspicion that you would jump in at the last minute with your formidable creativity. And I'm glad you didn't let me down.
    I hope your daughter will have a very Happy Birthday!

When life hands you lemons ... you make a lemon pizza! Jain, that is the most unusual pizza topping I've seen so far. Being a lemon fanatic, I know I'd go for that.
    I've made cookies topped with candied lemons and they were fantastic. Except for the fact that I'm the only lemon fanatic in this family, and so, was solely responsible for their disappearance.

All of your pizzas (and calzones!) look yummy.

Again, thank you Nancy for putting it all together.

Sol

• flamingo1121
    16 years ago

All the pizza look fabulous and very very CREATIVE..both visually and ingrediant wise.

I must confess that I was feeling very guilty about going out on Sat night and ordering a pizza from Bertucci's and not having one at home. DH didn't want to make any so we went out. I was hanging my head in shame felt like I was cheating...but I am glad to see others went out..so I am guilt free!!

Congratulations to everyone who made pizza!
    Heidi

• dixiedog_2007
    16 years ago

ALL of you did a fabulous job! I have had such fun looking at all the pictures not to mention really craving a pizza right now. :)

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Heidi, this is a no-guilt zone.

Lou, I loved you pizza, and Kathleen's too.

Canary, I have GOT to make your pizza this summer, when I have nice fresh tomatoes and such in the garden.

So many people with wonderful pizzas! They all look good. Ohiomom, your's looks delicious, too. I'll have to try that technique one of these days. I can think of all kinds of variations on your theme.

The lemon pizza looks like one I'd like, too.

And all those desert pizzas, mmmmmmm!

Okay, so I might be the last to join in. I don't know why it takes me so long to accomplish some things, but I managed to serve my pizzas just as the superbowl was ending. Good thing we didn't have guests! I made 4 different kinds of pizzas, plus I ended up choosing to make Pear and Cheese Turnovers instead of a desert pizza. I was going through my cookbooks for ideas, and came across the recipe for the turnovers, and thought they looked good and would kind of fit in with the theme. Plus, I had all the ingredients on hand. That always helps.

I made way too much pizza for 3 people, DH, DS and me, but I plan to freeze the leftovers for future "Friday night pizza" nights.

Here's the first one I made, which had pepperoni on half, plus mushrooms and onions over the whole thing. I felt overdid the cheese on all my pizzas (is that possible?) but DH didn't think so.

Next came a Pepperoni, onion, sauteed mushrooms, and roasted red bell pepper pizza, on a slab of dough I way over-worked, so it turned out deformed. DH didn't complain at all - it was his favorite pizza of the night.

Then came the Mushroom and Fontina pizza, from Emeril Lagasse. (He calls it Pizza al Fungi) It's the only pizza I use a recipe for the toppings - the others I just winged.

The final pizza was based on the one I had at Scampi's on South Padre Island. I used fresh spinach, caramalized onions, portabella mushrooms and gorganzola cheese.

Here's the Pear and Cheese Turnovers, which were filled with Pears, Gorganzola Cheese and toasted pecans. I forgot to take a picture of the inside.

Here's the whole array, some partially eaten. Can you tell I have trouble making up my mind on what to make? Thank Heavens for freezers!

This was so much fun!

Sally

p.s. This is my first attempt at embedding pictures. I hope they come out alright.

• canarybird01
    16 years ago

Your pizzas look great Sally!

Michelle (Ohiomom) I've posted the recipe for my Spanish Coca de Verduras over on the Recipe Exchange, where it's easy to find.

This is a great snack or lunchbox tart as unlike a pizza, it's customary to eat it cold or at room temperature.
    It's delicious and easy to make!

Here's the link to the recipe.

SharonCb

Here is a link that might be useful: Spanish Vegetable Tart

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Ohiomom : Here is the photo of the Tiella I posted last week ! Look familiar?
    This was the Shrimp with Marinara Sauce.
    You can put anything you want in them. Make another and use your wild imagination.
    Let's see what you come up with ??????????
    I'll do one with you and have our own Pizza Party.

Sharon: Been waiting for you ! Can I have that piece ?

Sally: Your just saying that, so you could be last.
    You thought no one would follow and everyone would remember your's.
    It worked, you just put the Cherry on the Ice Cream Sunday.

But I had to put a photo for Ohiomom, sorry.
    Lou

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Maggie, you are correct..I'm late...late...late...
    I just made Lou's dough for the guys pizza..and about to start my GF dough.

I have Hot Italian sausage "balls"(ground sausage and my cookie scoop) and a chicken breast in the oven baking up.

I'm going to make a variation of the Thai pizza sauce posted for my pizza..
    The guys will have Glen Muir Pizza sauce.

• ohiomom
    16 years ago

Canary

Thanks for posting the recipe, this I will definitely be making :)

Hawk

WOW !! I had to look up Tiella, is that pizza dough ? Okay, so I have to come up with a filling for a "throw down" ? Give me a couple of days, okay ?

Sally

I love the spinach pizza you did and the Fontina and mushroom.

This has been fun, belated thanks to Nancy.

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

I finally made mine for lunch today - just for me. I was going to it for dinner but then Max called and said he was going out for pizza at lunch with some office friends - regroup for dinner!

I used a small ball of the basic dough from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I pulled off just enough for a crust about six and a half inches across and stretched it over a small SS bowl. This dough is very soft, and didn't want to behave too well so I didn't worry a whole lot about "round".

I put it on a small piece of nonstick foil and on the preheated grill grate of the JennAir. Grilled it until the underside had grill marks then took out the foil, flipped it and topped the already grilled side with a mix of quickly sauteed onion, crimini mushrooms, and red bell pepper. I added eggplant from a jar of mixed vegetable bruscetta. Before I put the veggies on the pizza I brushed the grilled side of the dough with a little oil from the bruscetta which has a really nice flavor. It was topped with a little mozarella and a little pesto and put back on the grill with a domed pot lid over it to keep more of the heat in. My lunch pizza was very good and best of all I am no longer afraid to grill a pizza. I really liked the charred grill flavor. You can just see a little of the grill marks at the front where I didn't spread the veggies to evenly.

Even though I'm really late, I'm glad I did this and I have loved reading about everyone's pizza.

Lee

• wizardnm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This has been more fun than I ever thought...I'm really glad!!

Lee, I have a JennAir with a built in grill...never thought to do a pizza on it. Great idea.

Don't forget that I'm going to do a drawing tomorrow night about 9PM EST.....I may need YOUR address!

Nancy

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

First, all y'all have shared some fantastic pizza ideas for me!!! I'm saving this post for future reference. I've been on the road most of this month and the weather delayed my arrival home so I added pizza to our SB party last night....first party in my new place.

Nothing too exciting here but it was still good and I'm glad I could join in even if it was a day late. Not having much time to shop we did pepperoni, pepperoni and bacon, canadian bacon and pineapple. Dessert was chocolate pizza, something I saw Giada make some time back on Food Network. The sauce was Nutella, something Marilyn introduced me to a few years back in a little surprise package.

As always, I made way too much food. I had many other junk not good for you treats for everyone....and the bar didn't run dry..lol!

Nancy, thanks for getting this all organized, great idea for a VD party!

Here are a few pics.

Pepparoni before and after the oven.

Chocolate Pizza

Yes, I'm eating leftovers tonight!

David

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

wow, it's been really neat to come back and see what everyone did. i should have designated myself as the travelling taster - wouldn't that be a fun time!!!!

this thread/virtual pizza party has given me so many ideas for future pizzas and i raise my glass to all of you!

maryanne

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

Sharon, I'll post the crust recipe I used on the Pizza Recipes thread. It turned out nice and crispy, and was a really easy dough to work with.

Linda

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Lee, what a nice little pizza, and a great idea for lunch. I'm curious about your Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day dough. Is that a book, or a recipe or what is it? If it's a recipe, do you have it posted somewhere?

Lou, you caught me! But see, I wasn't last. I'm glad to see the pics keep coming.

David, what are those white things on your chocolate pizza? I can't tell if they're marshmallows or white chocolate chips. Whichever they are, it sure looks good!

Sally

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Chase, For the stromboli, I used regular pizza dough (my recipe) and layered provalone, roasted onion, sauteed mushrooms, roasted red peppers, shaved parmesan, pepperoni, ham & mozarella and then rolled it jelly roll style. I brushed olive oil on top and then sprinkled with Penzys Tuscan seasoning.

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Terri :
    I put the Pizza Dough and the Sauce Recipe's in Your Post,
    ( Lou , Pizza Dough??? )
    Guess I'm late !!! And I almost burnt my Stir Fries.

Sally:
    I was only joking with you . I knew there would be others .

Have to go put in a thread.
    LOU

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

David, a chocolate pizza. YUM! Great idea!

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

Nancy, I have wanted to grill pizza for two years and just haven't done it. I guess I was afraid of the dough sticking or slumping through the grate. This dough would have been much to soft to put directly on the grate so I followed a suggestion in the recipe to stretch it over the outside of an overturned bowl (I sprayed the bowl with olive oil) and then invert it on parchment. I used non stick foil instead so I could put it on the grill without fear of fire. As soon as the bottom had firmed up a little I slid it off the foil and finished that side directly on the grate and then flipped it and put the toppings on. I used a pot lid over it to trap enough heat to melt the cheese quickly. I use my JennAir grill a lot in really cold weather, although we do also grill outside all year. I think the key to good results on the JennAir is to pre-heat it at least 20 minutes, not just until water sizzles. The crust was quite good, but maybe not the best for pizza. The big thing for me is that I'm not afraid to grill it now and know I'll do larger ones on the outside grill.

Sally, there is a book recently published. You can find the recipe in a lot of sites with a Google search. I've linked a short video that gives the amounts of ingredients for the basic bread and shows the quick and easy wooden spoon technique. The two authors are in the video. The dough goes together in just a few minutes - less than five - and the premise is that the basic recipe will make four loaves, more or less, or lots of rolls, or pizza or... The dough rises in a covered plastic container for 2-5 hours. Then you can shape a loaf (or more) and let it rise for 40 minutes and bake. The remaining dough goes covered into the fridge until you want to use some more. The authors say you can store it for 14 days. I have the book on order from Amazon. The book has about 100 recipe variations - rye, whole wheat, brioche, caramel rolls and on and on. Both authors have websites www.zoebakes.com and www.artisanbreadin5.com and tons of people have tried it and blogged about it.

Lee

Here is a link that might be useful: Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

Sally, those are white chocolate chips. I had to sub pecans for the hazelnuts due to shopping time. Here is the recipe from Gidia.

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
    Show: Everyday Italian
    Episode: Pizza Party

1 pound homemade pizza dough, recipe follows, or purchased pizza dough
    2 teaspoons butter, melted
    1/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
    1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
    2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
    2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted

Position the oven rack on the bottom of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
    Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the dough to a 9-inch-diameter round. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Using your fingers, make indentations all over the dough. Brush the dough with butter, then bake until the crust is crisp and pale golden brown, about 20 minutes. Immediately spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread over the pizza then sprinkle all the chocolate chips over. Bake just until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the pizza. Cut into wedges and serve.

Carol, you know me and chocolate....Blackout Cake....Peanut Butter Crunch Cake....and that Milk Chocolate one you shared awhile back....all thanks to you my friend!

David

• chase_gw
    16 years ago

Thanks boo, I wasn't sure if it was rolled jelly roll style or treated like a turnover. They look delicious.

Lee, your pizza is darling! Thanks for the link as well, I've seen the method referred to several times lately and was curious.

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Lou, I knew you were kidding. ;-)

David, thanks for the recipe. It looks very tasty!

Lee, that looks like an interesting book. I'm going to see if the library has it. My MIL used to make an Angel Biscuit dough that was a yeast dough you kept refrigerated, and used as needed. (Or should I say, "kneaded?")

Sally

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Boo:
    The Stromboli!!! Isn't the dough just folded over the goodies and overlapped
    Then turned over so the seam is down ?????
    LOU

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Okay Finally....sorry for the delay...

I used Lou's dough recipe.

I made sausage balls with Fletchers Ground Hot Italian. Put Glen Muir pizza sauce on, then a bit of mozz, then the sausage and pepperoni..then more cheese. Both Mozz and cheddar...and a bit of Parm Reg.
    The square pizza has no sausage.

The long pizza is my version of the Thai pizza. Gluten Free Crust, a peanut butter/soy sauce. Baked chicken, green peppers and finely grated carrots and mozz. It was sooo good! I also made a chocolate chip cookie pizza and put homemade cocoa marshmallows on one half.

{{gwi:1492152}}

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

LOL Sally "Or should I say, "kneaded?" Nope no kneading at all, not even a little. Just very gentle shaping when you remove part of the dough to use.

Don't Angel Biscuits also have baking powder in addition to the yeast? I confess, I've never made biscuits from scratch.

This dough just has four ingredients for the basic recipe: flour, water, salt and yeast. It differs from the NYT No Knead Bread recipe in that much more yeast is used and the dough is retarded in the fridge. The other appeal factor is that you can use part of the dough now and more several times up to 14 days. My book should arrive Friday then I'll know more about the variations - WW, rye, sweet breads and more.

Lee

• wizardnm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Terri, your name is in the bowl (no hat around here).
    Your pizza's look great...how was the chocolate chip cookie pizza? I remember a bakery that used to make those....nice for cake less Birthday's.

Lee, I watched the video of that bread. If I can get the fridge cleaned out, I might try that.

Nancy

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Lee, yes, Angel Biscuits have baking powder in them, too. I forgot to mention that.

Terri, those look great! I love your bakeware, too. It looks well loved.

Sally

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

terri, they look and sound delicious. glad you joined in!

maryanne

• maggie2094
    16 years ago

David, I have been wanting to try Giada's nutella pizza - is is pizza worthy? lol - or nutella worthy? You "made do" very well!

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Terri:
    Here they come around to the Home Stretch and Terri, you are in the running.

What a race folks !!! They are all bunched up, going to the bend.

Looks like One Ball of dough, coming around that bend,

And down the Straight Away. I knead to get my Glasses,
    so I can separate all the Sauce and Goodies.

I think Pepperoni is in the lead !!! No! It may be Sausage by a link!!!

Here they are right in front of me, halfway to the finish line.

WHAT A MESS !!! Looks like Provolone is Muzzereling into the Escarole and Peppers.
    And the Olives are pitted against the rail but may mushroom out.

I think it is going to be a Photo Finish. Can't say who is out front now ???

Hope mine is in the running!!! I have a lot of dough in this race.

Don't matter anyway, Cause I'm only going to eat the Profits.
    LOU

All I can say is, this Post Time has given me a rise.

And I have to mention " All the runners were Crusty but Great !!!!! "

• hawk307
    16 years ago

AND THE WINNER IS " OHIOMOM " LINDA

RAY!!! Boom, Hoot, Hoot, Wheeeeooo, Toot, Toot, Rayyyyyyeee !!!

What are you going to do with all that dough ?????

Lou

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Nancy, I just actually spread my Gluten Free CC recipe out on my round pizza stone and baked..so the kids have eaten most of it now. LOL

Sally, Yes...I love my stoneware. There is pretty much not a day atleast one piece isn't used.
    If I make dinner, or do any baking..it's on/in those stones!

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

Lou, you really made me smile - I wish you could make a video of the race.

Lee

• chase_gw
    16 years ago

LOL Lou great way to start my day!

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Very cute, Lou! What a hoot!

Sally

• wizardnm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lou...that just cracked me up! Tooo funny.

Nancy

• ohiomom
    16 years ago

LOL ... I just read Lou's race to the pepperoni :)

Thanks for the morning giggle.

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Nancy:
    I thought the Threads were going to be Judged.

Of course you would need a few impartial members to do this ???
    Maybe next time !!!
    LOU

• dgkritch
    16 years ago

I wanna be LOU'S other daughter..........

'nuff said.

Great pizza's all, I am saving for another time, but after all this inspiration, I think it's gonna be soon!!

Deanna

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Good one Lou. The Pillbury Dough boy was going to be the judge, but you know what happened to him..you posted his obit!
    So Nancy put all the names in a pizza box and picked one...if it was judged, your "heart" pizza would have won for sure..

• wizardnm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If I were judging I'd need prizes for each and every pizza... No way could I decide. Only option was a drawing.

But Lou, if there was a prize for the most "loving pizza" it would be your....hands down! You are one in a million.

Nancy

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Kathleen; You are almost as bad as me.If they were to Judge fruitcakes.
    I would get the Blue ribbon but you would be in the running, for second.

When I had the Pizzeria, I would take a few Pizza's to a Club on a Sat.nite after closing.

One time, Mickey Shaunessy was there on St. Patty's Day,
    performing.
    So I made 5 Pizza's shaped like Shamrocks and sprinkled them with Parsley and
    Green Peppers.
    When I arrived, He was at the bar ( where else? )
    He opened one, yelled and started doing the Irish Jig.
    Our table was always full of drinks.But we never bought any.

Nancy :
    My daughter is going to make a greeting Card, from the Photo?
    It would be good for Dominoe's ?