SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

Cooking club question & a big thank you

elba1
12 years ago

Hi all, didn't want to hijack the post asking about new cookbooks, and was curious about the cooking club she mentioned. So Alexa, or anyone else that might do something similar - how does that work? Do you all cook ahead then share a meal, does the host provide the beverages & rotate houses each month, etc.?

Also wanted to offer up a big thank you to all you knowledgeable and generous cooks! I started following this forum after the holidays, and have already gotten some great advice from questions asked, and just by reading along. Had my book club here last night, the raspberry ribbons and of course bretzel rolls were a hit with the flavored mustards & cheese dip I warmed with a tea light candle over a small crock - all suggestions from here. Never had a dutch oven, but after reading the post about if you could only have 3 pots...it came up enough times thought I better get one - already made a pot roast & 2 soups in it over the past week. I'm hoping to start making bread - had to go get my first Kitchen Aid mixer at Costco after I learned here about the sale & rebate! I was another one confused how meat could come out dry in a crock pot with all that liquid, so I took a poster's advice on that thread & made a pork roast in it without extra liquid, and it was great! Also tried the "sticky chicken" in the crock pot, but I overcooked it - I don't know why, but the pop up timer on the chicken never popped up, and I was waiting for that - maybe they don't work in a crock pot? Anyway, it's great to have such cooking inspiration - thank you!

Comments (7)