SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Does cat hair in your food bother you?

caflowerluver
12 years ago

I have an inside dog and have found a few hairs floating around and I am sure some of them got into my food. I just don't notice it like I do when I visit friends and family who have cats. My dog has very short hair and most of the cats have long or very long hair. I have only one dog and most cat owners have 2 or more (one has 6!), so more hair.

Just not a big fan of furry food. I try to be polite, but I find it difficult to eat any food when I have to constantly pick out cat hairs. I refuse now to eat at places with lots of cats. I prefer we meet at a restaurant. It just really turns my appetite off.

I have nothing against cats but another thing that bothers me is people who allow their cats to walk all over the kitchen counters and lay on the table. Don't they know where those paws have been and what they have been digging into. (That is why I will never have a cat.)

I should also mention that I either dust mop or vacuum every other day. It was one of the requests from DH when we got an inside only dog. It is amazing how much I pick up. I know, I should do it every day.

Just curious how others feel about this touchy subject. I apologize if I have offended any cat owners. That was not my intention nor was it to turn this into a cat vs dog thread.

Clare

Comments (64)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022