SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Limoncello for Lori

doucanoe
14 years ago

Here is the recipe I used and my notes following. I would love your recipe for the lemon sorbet using Limoncello, Lori!

{{gwi:1491642}}

Limoncello

from BH&G "Italian"

10 large lemons

1 750ml bottle of good vodka

3 c sugar

2-1/2 c water

Scrub lemons well. Using a vegetable peeler, carefully remove enough of the yellow peel to make 2 cups. (Juice lemons and save juice for another use).

In large glass pitcher or bowl, combine the lemon peel and the vodka. Cover tightly and let stand in a cool place for 10 days, gently swirling the mixture in the container ach day. At the end of 10 days, strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve, discard the lemon peel. Return the lemon-infused vodka to the pitcher.

For syrup: In medium saucepan, combibe sugar and water. Bring just to boiling, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cool to room temperature. Pour syrup into infused odka, stir to combine. Cover and chill overnight before serving.

Pour into clean bottles with lids and store in refrigerator up to one month.

My notes: Made as written it was a little bitter so I added some of the reserved lemon juice. In the future I am going to make the simple syrup using half lemon juice and half water. The addition of the lemon juice made it much more "lemony".

Linda

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!