Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3rd Zojirushi ''bread'': Apple Spice cake

Posted by Bellsmom (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 12:52

DH loves a sweet after evening meals. This is my 3rd Zoji ''bread''--an apple spice cake from the manual.
Unbelievably simple and good.
Just measure,dump in loaf pan, start machine. Chop apples. Add at bell.
Go read a book.

(Having no beaters or mixing bowls to wash means clean up is unbelievably easy. A quick wash of measuring utensils, and when the loaf comes out, a very quick wash of the loaf pan, to which nothing sticks.)

photo 3rdbread_zpsee2b984a.jpg

The cake is prettier than it looks here, with a shiny, slightly crisp crust. It was baked, as the recipe instructed, at the light crust setting. I considered icing but decided it was unnecessary and distracting.

I am posting these first breads for people who were interested in the Zoji when I was considering buying it and asked me to apprise them of likes and dislikes. So far, only likes.

I plan to post once more--a whole grain bread, so these posts won't go on forever, I promise. But you know how some of us are when we get a new toy!

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 13:06

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3rd Zojirushi ''bread'': Apple Spice cake

WOW!!
That looks so good. I use my bread machine all the time.
Most of the time for mixing dough and baking into rolls,hamburger buns, pizza dough or pain de mie (special loaf pan bread for sandwiches)
You will love make bread and quick breads in your machine. Much less expensive that store bought and you control the ingredients
Linda

o

Wow that looks good. I like the idea of the apples in it.
You're giving your new Zo a real workout!!

Did you post a recipe for your raisin bread? That looks to-die for. Can I make it by hand, not having a machine?

o

Please do post recipes for both the raisin bread and the apple bread. Both look wonderfully delicious!

o

That is a perfect sweet and it doesn't need icing. It is a distraction;spot on definition. It looks delicious. Enjoy your new, carefree toy. Clean up matters a lot to me, so I appreciate your thoughts.

Three for 3.

o

That looks fantastic! The shape and the crust look incredible!

o

I posted the recipes for this apple cake and the raisin bread. Both are from the Zojirushi Manual, and both are delicious.

Here's the link if you are interested:

Here is a link that might be useful: Raisin Bread and Spice Cake Bread Machine Recipes

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 15:23

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here