SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnar1957

Cooking/baking with Benefiber

donnar57
16 years ago

Has anyone ever added Benefiber (or similar product) to things they have cooked or baked?

I've added a little to my cooking, where I thought it would be appropriate. But I'm not sure what ratio I should use. The jar calls for 2 tsp as a serving (3g of fiber).

My husband isn't fond of "whole wheat" rolls, bread, or anything. So I have to resort to making the low-fat white breads and biscuits more fibrous by adding the wheat-dextrin based Benefiber to the baking and cooking.

The good news is that he's going to be changing shifts, and I should actually see him home for dinner 4 days a week (instead of 2). I think his boss is doing that to get DH back on track, frankly - citing company finances. (Yes, I have great respect for DH's boss - T. calls himself "a heart case waiting to happen" - but T. has taken steps to make sure he lives a heart-healthy lifestyle and has now a new project - one of his favorite workers. T came to see DH in the hospital, which I thought was VERY nice.)

Any help regarding the Benefiber, I would appreciate. (I already checked Benefiber's website, which only said "add it to your cooking and baking", but not HOW.)

Thanks,

DonnaR/CA

Comment (1)