Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pam, Non-Stick Spray

Posted by dcarch (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 12:02

Sorry, not food related.

For those of (North East) you who have just been hit by the big snow storm yesterday:

If you spray and wipe the snow shuffle with Pam, the inside of your snow blower with Pam, your job will go much easier.

Have fun.

dcarch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pam, Non-Stick Spray

I have also sprayed my satellite dish to keep snow from sticking. Nothing worse than going with the broom and step ladder in the middle of the storm because you have lost signal. Patty

o

Wonder if the flour/oil/shortening mixture would work.

o

I have always been a great fan of PAM. Resourceful, reliable and multi-talented.

BTW, did you know that PAM stands for Product of Arthur Meyerhoff?

o

"Resourceful, reliable and multi-talented."

I don't doubt it for a minute, Pam. :-)

Jim

o

I have been using the Pam trick on my shovel since 2000 - the year I bought my house. Prior to that I lived in a condo and all the shovelling was done for me.

For the blower, Fluid Film in the chute and on the blades - especially with a heavy wet snow. Although Pam will work also.

I sprayed both the blower and shovel earlier today as the forecast tonite includes 6-12" of heavy, wet snow.

I have beef stew simmering in my Nesco and gearing up for snow clean up tommorrow.

o

I'd use WD-40, JB-80 ("twice as good" was their motto) or preferably silicone on the tools. And probably would rather eat it than PAM spray. I never see WD, JB or silicone crust up like PAM spray does.

o

WD-40 and JB-80 should work very well also.

In my case, the snow would be thrown over my herb garden and many ornamental plants. PAM probably would be a better idea.

dcarch

o

Dcarch, I bet you used to spirit your mom's roll of waxed paper to the playground and crumple up a piece to rub on the slides to make them more slippery.

o

Oh, Ruthanna, I did that! I never went to the playground without waxed paper for the slide. We used it on the cellar door, too. First we waxed them, then we sat on a piece to slide down. You could really get moving.

o

After I bought Pam several years ago and saw what it does to pans I decided no way I wanted to have near my food. I was going to throw it out. DH took it for shovels and it works very well.

o

Posted by ruthanna " Dcarch, I bet you used to spirit your mom's roll of waxed paper to the playground and crumple up a piece to rub on the slides to make them more slippery. "

Not really. When I crumple up a piece of wax paper, I make mushrooms. :-)

dcarch

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here