SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

Calamari dip

elba1
10 years ago

Hi folks, I'm having some people over for a lasagna dinner (with meatballs, sausage etc.) this weekend. Planning on 2-3 appetizers, not too heavy, or cheesy, to balance the lasagna. I thought something with seafood would be great, as well as perhaps a roasted eggplant spread (just found a recipe for that) and maybe a spinach artichoke dip (have recipes for that too). My son is allergic to shellfish, and we are not big on salmon, but we all like calamari. The only way I have seen it is fried, and I don't really want to do that this time. When I googled "calamari dips" all I get is dips to go with fried calamari, not recipes using calamari as the dip. I don't use shellfish these days because of my son's allergy, but I was thinking along the lines of how you can chop up shrimp and put it in something like a cocktail sauce to serve on crackers. Is there anything like that you can do with calamari? Thanks so much in advance, it is amazing that there is an answer to any question to be found here when even google doesn't work!
P.s. For anyone that may recall my questions about punch/cookies for my son's Eagle Court of Honor a short while back - it all went great, and was such a special, meaningful ceremony. We had over 100 people, I ended up making 439 cookies, which was definitely overkill, but we had other things to provide cookies for, and none went to waste. I found the "healthiest" punch I could at the store without high fructose corn syrup, etc. and combined that with pineapple juice, ginger ale & rainbow sherbet. We went through 2 batches, and it was good.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH