SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangs81

What Do You Get When You...

mustangs81
10 years ago

Mix milk and vinegar? You get Beau winning his division in the county wide (1400 entries) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Fair. Beau's project turned milk into plastic.

Okay, I know it's a stretch to be food related but for his project he did have to COOK MILK AND VINEGAR. Plus give me some slack...this is one tearfully proud Grammy. Thanks for indulging me.

Comments (21)

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    10 years ago

Wonderful work!

For his next project, and to make this even more food related:

Reverse the experiment, turn plastic into vinegar and milk.

dcarch :-)

• bcskye
    10 years ago

Congrats to Beau and a very proud Grammy!

Madonna

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Good man! You have every reason to be proud.

Did you see this on my FB page? Sounds like it does not apply to Beau.

• compumom
    10 years ago

Whoo Hoo!! Congrats to Beau and his wonderful grammy et al!

I had to share the Science Fair project, it's so on point!

• mustangs81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

DC, He could probably do that; he is a deep thinker.

Thanks Madonna.

Pam, Judging from his science teacher, your poster is right on. I reassured her that Beau did his project without help. She said "Oh, I know he did, I checked his log everyday and knew it was his work".

Ellen, No congrats for me, I just bought the project board.

Thanks all!

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Very cool! Congratulations to Beau!

• User
    10 years ago

Spot on dedtired

When my three were in school and had those science fair projects, our family tended to implode.

God, I hated science fairs.

Congratulations to Beau. Well done

This post was edited by momj47 on Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 16:22

• CA Kate z9
    10 years ago

My congratulations to Beau. I didn't know anyone could change milk into a plastic... with anything, much less vinegar.

• amck2
    10 years ago

Congratulations to Beau! And to you & family for providing encouragement and support. We need more scientists!

• whistle_gw
    10 years ago

Go Beau!!! And the proud grammy. We do need scientists!

• mustangs81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

2 cute related stories:
    Overnight the first "batch" was eaten by one of my kitties before it turned to plastic. Beau wasn't happy that he had to start over.
    When we got to the convention center parking lot, I saw Lily (6 year old) picking up something and throwing it down several times. She picked it up one last time and said "Here Beau, I found a head's up penny. Put it in your pocket for good luck".

• mustangs81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I forgot to mention 'cause I was more focused on the boy...the project turns milk into hard plastic, not just rubbery plastic.

• doucanoe
    10 years ago

Congrats to Beau! I would be a proud grammy too!

Linda

• annie1992
    10 years ago

Hooray for Beau and congratulatons to his Grammy, you have every right to be proud.

Elery and I were just talking about science projects, my poor girls had to do things like prove that more suds didn't make cleaner laundry or that smoking makes your blood pressure go up. Elery's daughter made a project that used different objects like grapefruit to make electricity. Funny how that happens when your Dad is an electrician, LOL.

I was no help in math or science, and I tried to help Ashley build a bridge once out of toothpicks but it always fell down, we never did build one successfully.

I did manage to help with things like Spelling Bee and Quiz Bowl and Young Authors.....

Annie

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

Nice job Beau!

I can't believe how tall he has gotten. Much too fast.

Peppi

• Islay_Corbel
    10 years ago

It's great being a granny and having such a great grandson is fabulous for you!

• mustangs81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Annie, You do waaaay more for your kids in other areas, so not to worry. Funny, when I was a kid my dad always told us when it was our turn to do dishes, that "the suds don't clean".

Peppi, He grew 2 inches in 2 1/2 months. He is a big boy which is good as he is shy, smart, and redheaded (which I love) and subject to bulling.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

He IS a big guy! Bullies better watch out. My mom was a flaming redhead as a kid. None of us inherited it although my sister and I did get the freckles.

What a great kid. He gives you every reason to be proud. I love that the judges (?) are all wearing suits. It proves that science is serious stuff.

• mustangs81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pam, on the suits issue, I got in trouble with mom because I didn't take him home first to change from his uniform to his dress clothes. It seemed to be serious stuff, there were 5,000 people and several company CEO and officers on stage.

Bullies-I always warned the HG that I might get arrested for taking things in my own hands if a bully every messed with my boy!

• maddielee
    10 years ago

Hooray for Beau!

I know how big a deal this is.

ML (aka Cathy)

• ruthanna_gw
    10 years ago

Congratulations to Beau and to his Grandma too.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm