SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

Recipes to lose weight & sleep well

strawchicago z5
10 years ago

I notice that raw foods or high-nutrients food fill me up best. Prevention Magazine stated that raw food have enzymes & vitamins to nourish .. once cooked, the enzymes & vitamins are destroyed.

A few raw almonds fills me up ... but I need to eat twice as much roasted almond to feel satisfied. I lost weight by making RAW almond milk to be eaten with high-fiber cereal. Soak 1 cup of raw almonds overnight with 3 cups of water. Use a blender, pulse for 2 min, then puree for 1 minute. Use a metallic strainer, save the almond milk and refrigerate. The solids can be used in baking. A Tbs. of maple syrup can be added to almond milk.

One recipe that helps with sleep is ROASTED HONEYED Walnuts .. high in both Omega-3 and melatonin for deep sleep. I always have vivid dreams & great sleep snacking on that before bedtime. Omega-3 keeps the body warm plus deep REM sleep. I mix dried cranberries (to lower cholesterol) once the walnuts cool down. See below Pinterest for Roasted-honeyed walnuts recipe:

Anyone have a good salad-dressing recipe? Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Straw's Pinterest of Sweet and Healthy recipes

This post was edited by Strawberryhill on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 11:57

Comments (10)