Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's a (raisin) toast to GW

Posted by Bellsmom (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 8:46

I meant to post a picture of the raisin bread toast yesterday along with the fresh new loaf of bread, but I overexposed the image and ate the toast before I knew it.

So. . .Breakfast THIS morning--a thick slice of cinnamon raisin toast with TJ's greek honey yogurt. And coffee, of course!

photo 2ndbreadtoast_zps3ff725bc.jpg
It doesn't get any better than this.
Thanks again, GW. I do love the Zoji.
Sandra

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 14:33

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's a (raisin) toast to GW

I agree - it doesn't! I love me some raisin toast.

o

Mmmmm, can almost taste the cinnamon. NancyLouise

o

Oh dear, that looks delicious. And I already had a big breakfast. Mmmmm....

Annie

o

Thud! It's beautiful! I love raisin toast (Pepperidge Farms', that is), but I haven't baked my own in quite a few years. That photo makes me want to get back in the water!

Sue

o

Mtnester,
Pepperidge Farms used to be my Go To Raisin Bread. It isn't even close to this in texture (crust and interior) and taste. Even better, IMO, than the great raisin bread at Louisville's prestigious Blue Dog Bakery.

Still so much--almost everything! --that I don't know about bread, though. I wonder how much better the raisin bread could be if I stopped after the dough cycle and baked it in the oven as many here do.

Goldgirl, Annie, and NancyLouise--the Zoji thanks you.

I've been reading the Bread Machine for Dummies book that Grainlady recommended for beginners. The ''Bread Machine 101 Info'' is exactly what I need.

I think the next loaf may be ArabellaMiller's recipe in the GW cooking thread I linked below. Anyway, lots to play with.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lots of info for beginners here.

o

Bellsmom- That looks super scrumptious! DH has been on a business trip the last couple of weeks and DD has basically requested white bread as a treat :) I love cinnamon raisin bread. And the Greek yogurt sounds lovely with it.

o

Very enticing and motivating! I've got to check my "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" for a raisin bread. Certainly would be better to use homemade for my stuffed French Toast.

o

GWlolo, I wish I had a fraction of your knowledge of bread making. It's kinda like I am looking into a whole world (or maybe a bakery display window) through a door that is barely ajar. But GW helps me keep edging the opening wider.

Mustangs--
This raisin bread would make an unbelievably great french toast casserole. I'll have to wait until we have company coming to try it, because it is just DH and I at home now. Have you shared your stuffed french toast recipe? I would love to try it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here